Marlins Yelich-Ozuna trade thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Marlins Yelich-Ozuna trade thread

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

You’d think so, but ZIPs had them projected really poorly prior to the two moves ~ 75 wins.

If you replace Brinson (1.6) with Cain (3.1) and Santana (2.3) with Yelich (4.2), they move up about 4 wins.

5 of their top 7 performers were outfielders already.

They also were projected to get 1.5 from Broxton and Phillips. The now necessary trade of Santana and/or Phillips will be where the real improvement takes place.

Their 4th and 5th starters are projected to be below replacement level so they could move up a lot there.

Our RF spot was a large weak spot in out lineup, so the Ozuna trade, imo, is more meaningful for our outfield.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It looks like the Brewers do not necessarily have to trade Santana. They want to try Braun at first base and he is agreeable.

https://www.mlb.com/news/brewers-ryan-braun-could-play-first-base/c-265420296

Participant

Paid - Annual

Could be a very robust lineup. The key for them will be can they come up with enough rotation pieces.

Assuming the division winners are the Nats, Cubs, and Dodgers the NL wild card race could be crazy. The Cards, Brewers, Dbacks, Rockies, Giants, and Mets fighting it out for two spots.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If the “If Matt Carpenter can do it, so can I” department, Ryan Braun is also talking about trying second base this spring. Braun came up as a third baseman, but was really bad at it, hence his move to the outfield.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Opening weekend in Miami with the Cubs the opponent. And the commissioner wants to add two more teams!

Participant

Free

Opening weekend in Miami with the Cubs the opponent. And the commissioner wants to add two more teams!

If you are going to put a AAA team out on the field, you will get AAA attendance.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I honestly think there may be more Cubs fans in the stands than Marlins ones. In a tie game in extra innings, they are certainly more vocal.

The telecast showed Jeter in his luxury box with a bunch of others. There was a line of liquor bottles on the counter behind him. If that was my team, I would be driven to drink, too. 😉

Participant

Free

He can cry me a river. With the payroll that low he can draw nobody and make money due to profit sharing.

I know why they did it. I’d have probably done the same thing.

But my gawd is that going to suck.

…unless you’re an away team fan. Easiest and cheapest ticket of the year.

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years