LHP Jordan Montgomery acquired

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum LHP Jordan Montgomery acquired

Viewing 24 posts - 126 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

So cal, LA, and Willie. Why don’t you move on instead of piling on? There’s a difference between calling out a player and a TCN “group” calling out another poster. Time to give the poster bashing a rest.
    Thank you in advance.

bccran
    Participant

Is it smart to pitch Montgomery against the Yankees this weekend?
    In an interview after the trade, he seemed pretty shaken up. He said his whole baseball world has been coming up through the Yankees system and then with the big club. He seem really rocked to have his world turned upside down.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Gumby will be fine.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards can’t do any worse than they usually do against the AL East, so they may as well try a new tact. Hopefully Monty is on his game.

bccran
    Participant

Hope he can adjust quickly. Being surrounded by veterans like Yadie,
    Waino, Goldy, Nado, etc. should help as they welcome him with open arms.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

So cal, LA, and Willie. Why don’t you move on instead of piling on? There’s a difference between calling out a player and a TCN “group” calling out another poster. Time to give the poster bashing a rest.

This is hilarious. This is my first post on the subject of your constant carping on Bader’s hair in well over a year. And typical of bullies, (which you may or may not be), they throw a fit when they are called out for their wrong behavior. We have been enduring this for years! Do I need to dredge up Brian’s posts to you on this subject? It is tiring! Stop talking about Bader, and his hair, and his future haircut, and his ‘antics’ you don’t like. Stop speculating on whether the Yankees fans will appreciate it or not. Stop with the phony ‘wishing him well’. Good grief.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stop talking about Bader, and his hair, and his future haircut,

Its not a future haircut, he already got it. Reportedly, sort of a Brian Bozworth look. Too bad we won’t get a look this weekend.

bccran
    Participant

It’s probably best that you talk baseball, so cal. Instead of your hilarious (and pointless) pounding of another poster. Maturity dictates a moving on. Thanks very much.

Monty is probably going to be a great addition to the Cards. He has something like 17 quality starts out of 21 total starts this season.

Comparison –

Waino WHIP – 1.189
    Miles WHIP – 1.010
    Monty WHIP – 1.099

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, Monty is a reliable innings eater in addition to being good. We needed that very badly. Quintana is not known for going deep really, but he answers the bell when his turn comes up. We’ve had issues with that too.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Too bad we won’t get a look this weekend.

He’s reportedly traveling with the team and they were trying to set up an interview with him.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He’s reportedly traveling with the team and they were trying to set up an interview with him.

He won’t be in uniform so hopefully no hat.

bccran
    Participant

667 – he’ll be the darling of the NY press and NY fans if he produces.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader is a well spoken young man. I’m thankful for his time with St Louis and wish him well in NY. He’s a true ambassador for the game.

bccran
    Participant

I’ve been hard on him, but that was a very nice (and sincere) exit interview. Wishing him much happiness and success in New York. A childhood dream coming true for him.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader is awesome. He’s the epitome of the true cardinal player in my mind, the guys I was the biggest fans of. The guys like Willie, ozzy, yadi, waino, even Edmonds a bit. Guys that just loved and lived being a cardinal, appreciating the fans and doing for them. I feel players like that play cause they love the game not specifically cause they are good at the game. It requires both but there is a difference. I wish bader well in new york particularly health wise, I think he will be fine if he can ever get past health hurdles long term. His leaving has created a little less joy in watching the Cardinals much like when they traded Willie or ozzy retired. The other players are fine and I’ll always be a cardinal fan but just a little less magic for me. It’s part of the game and sooner or later we will get another player that provides that same magic. I want to thank you Harrison bader for providing that magic for a while for me. Also thank you Brian for posting, I don’t do Twitter or stuff so I wouldn’t have seen this otherwise.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m wishing the young man nothing other than good fortune in NY. Hoping to soon see him out that boot and onto the highlight reel wearing pinstripes.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I totally agree. Though I think this move was far more stupid. The Yankees had good hitters in 82 so not a big thing losing Willie but this year their pitching has been inconsistent outside of Nestor, just seemed like a bone head move. Even if bader was fully healthy and hitting well, it doesn’t look anyway like a good move. Though with carpenter going down, it makes it a little better.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This was a very foolish trade by the Yankees. No other way to put it. I like Bader but he is hurt. You trade away a quality starter for a guy who may or may not play this year? Makes zero sense.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

The positional scarcity of good CF’rs in mlb may have influenced Cashmans decision.

From the NYY perspective they saw Bader being available and jumped on it.

It doesn’t even look like he was trying to win the trade or get equal value in return. It looks like he just tried to fill a longstanding need and probably overpaid.

We will see if it blows up on him. I do like the young SP Clarke Schmidt. Cashman may be counting on him to fill SP5.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree jj that’s probably what they are doing. But I’ve always felt you can never have enough good pitching especially with how it seems there are more injuries nowadays. In the long-term I think it could be a good trade for them, short term I just don’t see that much benefit especially with the risk bader may not play again this year.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Again the trade makes more sense if Bader is healthy. He is not. Cashman better hope he can play this year and better hope the Yankees don’t have another starter get hurt. This trade could blow up in his face.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Any idea of any of the names on the list if Bader can’t play this year? Surely not Walker or Wynn. Hoping no Hence, Graceffo.

Viewing 24 posts - 126 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years