2022 Gold Gloves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Gold Gloves

Viewing 16 posts - 126 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Free

Christian Walker won the GG at 1B.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s kind of shocking. Not sure how you don’t go with Edman at the utility spot. Do they release the SDI after the awards?

GameCard
    Participant

Free

They viewed it as a true utility position instead of a multi-positional one.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

You mean Brendan Donovan

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Ozuna, Dickerson, and Donovan…three defensive greats recognized by the insightful eyes as truly golden gloves. Too bad they missed out on granting one to Hector Villenueva when they had the chance.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I really like Donovan but he is not the defender that Eddie is. The Cardinals really need to sign Edman & Donovan to long-term contracts. They should be the starting 2B & SS for a number of years barring injury. They are not one-year wonders.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Donovan got it because he was truly a utility player, spending time in the outfield and infield. And his defense was pretty good, especially at third base where he was outstanding.

The D-Backs are not hurting too much with Goldy gone. Walker is just about as good offensively, and now has some defensive hardware as well. Plus his price tag is a lot less, although that could change in the coming years.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

That is what I already said bm. It should be called a multi-positional award. What Donovan did was excellent but again he isn’t the defender that Edman is. Tommy should have gotten this award. Don’t penalize him because he had to play an equal # of plays at SS & 2B.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I thought the defense was a bit better in ’22 than it was in the ’21 season, so it kind of throws me off to see that the Cardinals went from winning 5 GG’s in ’21 to just 2 this season. I’m also happy to see Donovan win a GG in his rookie season, but disappointed that Eddie missed out this year. I guess the only explanation is that DeJong probably took a few votes away from Edman at SS.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Too bad we couldn’t field our way past the Phillies.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Do they release the SDI after the awards?

Yes, they did last year. Link below.

Also I read the SDI data is on the ballots for the voters. SDI is weighted at 25%, but it probably has a real impact that is larger than 25%. Reasoning is having the data on the ballot might influence some voters who don’t really have a strong basis or lean for casting their vote otherwise.

SABR Defensive Index: Final 2021 rankings

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Bling…Or the Dodgers.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

On the subject of glovework, I’ve only been able to see him play for the last few weeks or so, but this guy Bohm has really impressed me over at 3B for the Phillies. I’ve seen him make several outstanding plays during key situations that have really helped his team during the Phillies run in the post-season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Brian,
    What exactly is this? And how is it determined?

r/Esteemed Rat

GameCard
    Participant

Free
Viewing 16 posts - 126 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years