Fowler traded

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Fowler traded

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    ZTR
    Participant

Free

Brian,

This is what I think too.

Puhols to DH next season, lol.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’m more elated to hear of this move than the acquisition of Arenado. This is great news for our young OFs and the Cards should be able to put together a very nice outfield with what we have. There are the five candidates for now 3 starting spots. The team’s defensive projections just increased dramatically no matter who wins that opening.

Joe Maddon got his revenge on the Cubs. I’m sure he influenced the move. The cost to the Angel’s is minimal but that is how far down Fowler’s value has sunk. The PTBNL? Who cares.

The main thing is that Dexter is gone and the FO has finally washed their hands of the mess Fowler created for his time here. Obviously Mozeliak figured that his favorability numbers went up with the Arenado trade and while still basking in the sun he could slip through this dump without fans remembering how damaging the Fowler fiasco (ridiculously low numbers an feigning a mental health issue among many others) effected the performance of the team.

However he is still on the hook for making the worst free agent signing in the team’s history and it will always be a dark spot on his tenure. Imagine what we could have done with the amount of money wasted on the Fowler contract.

This will be my last mention of Fowler here. The few that I made over the last four years were just keeping it real and others caught on.

Thank you Mo and Joe for making my day.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Could Trout be the mysterious PTBNL? Don’t put it past Mo.

Pugs, Mo has turned into a free wheeling river boat gambler. Who know what he will do next?

https://twitter.com/cardinalsgifs/status/1357546615024750594/photo/1

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That is hilarious, gscottar. “And I took that personally…”

bccran
    Participant

Our outfield now, based upon 2020 slash lines –

LF – .173/.261/.360/.261
    CF – .226/.336/.443/.779
    RF – .200/.252/.364/.616

Excellent defense, though.

Not complaining, just stating the facts. And the CFer against RHP was .185/.309/.333/.643

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Clearly the front office believes that those guys are all candidates to hit better in 2021. I do too. This funky year should smooth out when players don’t have to play so many games or be subject to small sample or BABIP aberrations. I think O’Neill and Carlson will be around .800 OPS, Bader mid .700s but be supplemented by platoons with Thomas or Williams to bring the overall OPS up.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

The Angels fans were NOT happy they got Fowler last night. Even after they found out they are only paying $1.75 million.

Basically said a AAA player is worth more at 1/3 the cost

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I could always squint and see Dexter having a surprisingly good walk year. A .262-.358-.445-type year, but at what cost? The team thought plenty, but I think they paid so much for the right to choose their course.
    I have said ironically the PTBNL could be He who Shall Not Be Named.I vowed he was dead to me, but it’s
    just baseball and reconciliation is always the best path.It won’t be the same,but there would be closure and the plot that magical tales are yarned from. What we paid for was the option.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I can see the PTBNL being contingent on how well Fowler plays for the Angels.

Unranked flier if he performs poorly, somebody ranked outside of Top 10 in their farm if he performs well (personally, I would grab one of their shortstops)

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards got rid of the worst defensive OF of the bunch.He couldn`t steal bases,not much offense,35 years old…why not give the kids the jobs…plus Edman is able to play OF…..IMO Cards FO is going to get a SP and a INF-OF utility guy…….

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I agree. Sounds like they are going to get a starting pitcher.

I don’t see them getting anyone else position-wise unless the DH comes into play. Then, there is really only one choice (Ozuna).

For utility players, they have Sosa and Kramer Robertson.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Could Trout be the mysterious PTBNL?

Ha. I’ll settle for not getting “Ueckered” — i.e., where the Angels don’t send Fowler back as the PTBNL.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Dex was a decent player for us, and hopefully a reunion with Maddon will result in a good finish to his career. And it makes sense to get the kids in there and let ’em duel it out for playing time.

Here’s an interesting one – what if the PTBNL turns out to be none other than Albert Pujols? Let’s say we are in contention heading into early August, but could use a right-hand hitting DH. The Angels send Albert over and he finishes strong and ends his career the same way he left the first time, with a World Championship.

Man, that would be some story!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Would Arte buy out Albert’s Personal Services contract covering the next 10 years? If so, why?
    Would Arte want to cement that Albert would not have an Angels logo on his HOF plaque? If so, why?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jeesh, maybe Gary Templeton can still play.

bccran
    Participant

Did we ask for Brandon Marsh?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Bad as Fowler has been, he was the best we had going into 2021. Carlson a great prospect. bader and oneil Memphis marvels. The worst hitting OF in Team History. Gotta believe after Arenado move there is another move left. Ozuna? Makes a lot of sense. Especially if the DH comes after this year.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Priceless! Thanks for the mega-chuckle, Scotty!

bccran
    Participant

Probably not Ozuna, but a solid LH bat may be in the cards (so to speak).

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Ozuna gone
    Rosenthal

bccran
    Participant

Braun?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Braun?

Could you possibly root for a team that had that sort of guy on it? I really really hope the Cards don’t sign him. In fact, I hope no one does.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Let the kids play. There are five of them. The Cardinals need to do this year what they were supposed to do last year – see what they have in the outfield.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Spot on comment with Braun, Stlcard25. Not my thing to say negative personal things. Let me put it this way…..if my daughter told me she was going to start dating him, I would NOT allow it to happen.

bccran
    Participant

I don’t want Braun. Just throwing his name out. What about Puig? Same thumbs down?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.