Fowler traded

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Fowler traded

Viewing 10 posts - 176 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Good idea to wait it out to judge the RA trade. But that was revealing when Mo said they may have made a mistake with RA and need to reassess how they value young players. Much more candid comment than we’re used to hearing from him. Guess they want to apply their modified valuation tools to Bader, O’Neill, Carlson, Thomas, and Williams. Test tube cases.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The public pressure had something to do with Mo speaking, but yes, it was very unusual.

However let’s get some perspective. In the the past, Arozarenas have happened and will continue to occur in the future. For example, the Cards gave up on Jose Cruz at age 26 and sold him to Houston. There he became a very good MLB player for 12 more years. Two All-Star selections, two Silver Sluggers, five times received MVP votes, all after he left StL. If Randy turns out that well, the Rays would have to be delighted.

With the Cardinals, Cruz had 1,395 plate appearances – not many more PAs than Bader and O’Neill combined to date. Right now, Bader is 26 years old; O’Neill is 25.

I get why spoiled fans expect perfect execution every time, but some realism is also healthy.

Participant

Free

I don’t believe Cardinal fans expect perfect execution, but they probably don’t want their starting outfield hitting 7-8-9. At least they’ll perhaps get their wish with Carlson this season.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Who is talking about the batting order? But ok, guys have to earn moving up in the lineup. They can’t do that without playing.

All this continued grousing isn’t going to lead to anything. We know who is going to be on the roster. They will go to spring camp and compete.

Participant

Free

Looking forward to the competition. And, again, it would be really great to see Bader and/or O’Neill break out. Would like to see Yadi at around .700 OPS, Edman at about .750, and Bader, O’Neill and DeJong at around .790-.800 minimum.

Participant

I think the Cards are going to use 2021 to sort out what they need to do (or not do) to make 2022 really special.

It seems apparent that the Cards FO has changed its course from priming itself for ’22 the year that they put together a much better team with $$ to spend and the younger prospects being sorted out.

Then there will be Gorman-Herrera-Liberatre-Thompson-Ovideo to bolster the ’22 team. But with the moves made in the winter of ’21 and the lack of the other NLC teams to improve significantly, this team is a solid pick to win the division this season.

The team will be exciting to watch with the OFs duking it out for playing time…. Arenado and Goldschmidt and Carlson. Watching to see if DeJong is the long-term solution at SS and Edman at 2B.

The pitching staff may be less exciting with the recycled group that is penciled in for the rotation. Flaherty has something to prove, Kim, Mikolas, Martinez and Wainwright are all very familiar faces. Same with the pen. I do expect Reyes and Ovideo to contribute significantly. Will we see Liberatore and/or Thompson somewhere along the way? and will Gorman surface here at all.

A lot has happened very recently…. Arenado…. Molina at a reasonable 1yr. contract…. Fowler’s spot opened up…. my excitement level has increased with each passing day.

Participant

Free

Mine too, 14. Been hoping for that MOTOB to match with Goldschmidt ever since the Cards turned their back on Ozuna.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

forsch31 wrote:

Is anyone having problems posting? I have been trying for over an hour to get a post to go. Getting this response: Error: Your reply cannot be created at this time.

I am wondering if it has to do with the size or number of paragraphs. I am trying to post it in several posts but even that is giving me problems.

I get that same problem every now and then. Have for well over a year now. Doesnt seem to be any solution to the problem. At least I’ve never figured it out.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Did we ever get the PTBNL for Fowler?

Participant

Free

The rumor is any compensation won’t happen for a few months and it could be a cash transaction.

Viewing 10 posts - 176 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years