Fowler traded

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Fowler traded

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Every player likes to hear the roar of the crowd and every player plays to just play the game. Trying to say anything different is just a way to justify a personal dislike of a player for whatever reason.

Bc, if you would put aside your personal dislikes of Bader’s and just watch what he can do on the field, you might grow to like him.

Participant

Free

BW – It’s been covered in the press here. Mo was perhaps embarrassed a bit by the Arozarena situation (said they may have to review how they evaluate talent), and it may make him reluctant to trade existing young outfielders. Doesn’t want to make the same mistake again, so he’s hesitating to pull the trigger. It may be a second mistake on his part. Some pundits feel that may be the case.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

It took Ozzie Smith a very long time to become good at the plate…..but he did.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

I think the Cards are going to use 2021 to sort out what they need to do (or not do) to make 2022 really special.

Participant

Free

Forsch – per BW’s request, I have given feelings on each of our 5 outfielders. I’ve done it the best I know how. I know you think my option of Bader is tainted and it obviously isn’t the same as yours.
    But it’s simply my opinion, nothing more.
    There are a number of posters on several other forums who feel the same way as I do. And there are posters who feel the same way about Bader as you do. Each group should respect the others opinion.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It took Ozzie Smith a very long time to become good at the plate…..but he did.

Yadier Molina was in the same boat. That’s a good reminder that talented players can and do make progress and sometimes it just clicks, then off they go.

Participant

Free

And I’ve said all along, 25, that I truly hope that happens. If they click, we could have an exciting outfield and a really excellent overall team.

Participant

Free

Bc, that wasn’t EXACTLY what he wanted but I’ll leave it at that.

Participant

Free

Forsch – I’m sorry. Please explain. I don’t understand what you’re saying. Thanks.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

figures, wrong thread. someone plz copy, paste, post whatever this to the payroll/budget thread.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran said:

It may be a second mistake on his part.

OK. “It may be” is very different from what you said initially.

bccran said:

The Arozarena mistake IS leading to more mistakes. (emphasis is mine)

Prediction of the future vs. an observation of the present. Maybe vs. “is”. Words matter.

Participant

Free

Oh gosh. Very sorry. Will have to watch every word. Thanks for the correction. Fun forum.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran, you said there are mistakes being made. I asked you (and the other poster who agreed with you) to identify the mistakes by name. You did not. You changed it to there may be mistakes evident in the future. No one can argue with the latter. So just say what you mean in the first place.

Participant

Free

I mean, based upon what I have read as possibilities from sportswriters, as well as my own opinion, that I think the mistake of trading Arozarena (which I stated at the time the trade was made) is holding Mo back from trading another outfielder until they have completely exhausted the possibility in their own minds that another occurrence like Arozarena probably won’t happen again. Can I say it more clearly than that? One mistake is leading to another mistake(s). That of course is only IMHO.

Words surely are important. Like “it depends on what the meaning of the word is, is”. The same kind of thing applies here now?

Participant

Free

Is anyone having problems posting? I have been trying for over an hour to get a post to go. Getting this response: Error: Your reply cannot be created at this time.

I am wondering if it has to do with the size or number of paragraphs. I am trying to post it in several posts but even that is giving me problems.

Participant

Free

bc, even though Brian basically covered what I meant, I figured I would address your direct question to me. Brian asked those who think the FO is making mistakes to do 3 things:

1. Name who will make it in 2021.
    2. Name who will stumble in 2021.
    3. Name who is a mistake to not trade. In other words, who should they trade away at this time.

Participant

Free

I answered those questions to the best of my ability. The response is there in each of my answers. Not going to go back over a road already traveled.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The simplest way to avoid another Arozarena “mistake” is to give the contenders enough playing time so they can show what they have. It doesn’t have to be any more complicated than that.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, it evidently is more complicated than that. Bader has had 1,000+ MLB PAs already. He showed us a .234 BA. We know what he has.

Participant

Free

bling, Bader is only 26 years old. It is the age that most players break out. I don’t think you can say a .234 BA is all he has.

Participant

Free

If Mo has to run the string out with O’Neill, Bader, Thomas, and Williams to be on the safe side, so be it. Just hope he doesn’t wait too long if it’s not working out. He seemed to do that with Grichuk and Piscotty and it probably cost us the playoffs for several seasons.

Participant

Free

Brian, it evidently is more complicated than that. Bader has had 1,000+ MLB PAs already. He showed us a .234 BA. We know what he has.

Was Yadi the same hitter for his career he was his first 1,000 PAs? Was Wong?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For a prospect site it’s surprising the lack of support the OF is getting.

career 90 ops+ with GG D entering his prime years
    career 93 ops+ with GG D entering his prime years
    top ten prospect in all of baseball
    all three CF friendly

I can’t wait to watch these rabbits run. This will be fun.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m pretty excited about what the OF is going to do as well, jj. While I’m slightly lower on them than I was going into 2020, I still think there’s a shot that they have two above average starting corner bats and Bader out there most of the season. When combining great defense with that, there’s very good potential.

Participant

Free

Can we give the trade a few years before we call it a huge mistake. I do worry Mo is skittish because of the trade, but we have no proof RA is going to be a great player. He may be, or he may have had the best month he will ever have. He may be Willie Mays or he may be Dusty Rhodes. (Yes, I am old.)

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years