Cubs thread

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 664 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1300511247675330561

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatargscottar.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I also remember the days back when the Cards would regularly pick guys at the end of their careers off the scrap heap. Usually the results were not good. As noted on another thread, the Cubs have just 10 wins in their last 25 games so they are scrambling.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hamilton was a huge disappointment. All he had to do was get on base, and it would soon be a double.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs with the quick trigger on JMart. He is headed to the ATS.

Participant

Free

Cards should pick him back up.

Participant

Paid - Annual

They can’t option him out? Thought he could become free agent. By no means do I want him back. As a DH only maybe.

Participant

Free

I don’t want him back unless he doesn’t use a roster spot and doesn’t play. He can be a dugout presence all he wants. I just don’t think he’s playing good enough and he’s 32 years old.

Participant

Paid - Annual

JMart must still have options left. I don’t think the Cubs would give up his two years of remaining control this quick.

He isn’t a free agent. He is going to the ATS.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Martinez’ numbers have declined each year to the point he is a below-average MLB hitter. And he has always been a below-average MLB defender. Nostalgia does not win games.

I find it interesting the Cubs got him from the Rays for cash (or perhaps PTBNL), which is precisely how the Cards acquired him from KC in 2016. Full circle.

Participant

Free

I just don’t think he’s playing good enough and he’s 32 years old.

Good God almighty. I would kill to be 32 years old again. Just got told I am now tethered to an O2 hose forever. Bummer.

Participant

Free

That is a bummer MM3. I am sorry to hear that. Best wishes for peace and strength.

Participant

Free

Thanks Tinky. Nobody to blame but myself for 43 years of pumping junk into my lungs. Quit 27 years ago and had no problem until 3 years ago but it was only minor. Almost overnight it went almost completely downhill. But I still love to watch baseball and the Cards are a good team to watch if you don’t get snagged into going into each players nightly stats – that ruins the game for me……lol

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs in trouble in game three against Marlins. Down 2-0, Marlins have two on, no one out in top of the 8th.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Avatar1964cards.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs to bat in the bottom of the ninth trailing 2-0.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Marlins beat the Cubs 2-0. They will face the Braves. Cubs offensive woes continued in this series.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What happened to that so-called Dynasty everybody seemed to think we would see out of Wrigley after the 2016 World Series? Its never materialized.

And their roster is about to hit free agency, right?

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Year 6 of the Cub “Dynasty” is now over. Only one year left before the core players all reach free agency and they have to tear it down. Or will Theo tear it down this winter? Interestingly, Theo also only has one year left on his contract.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is it fair to say that Maddon saw this coming? I believe “a different voice” was his explanation for moving on.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

In all fairness, they did win the division. With the playoff format this year, anyone can be upset and lose a couple. The Cubs will probably be good again next year. But if things are going bad in the first half, we could see them dump some guys.

Baez and Bryant really tanked this year. I wonder if they will rebound or this is their “new normal”?

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 664 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years