COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Viewing 25 posts - 1,126 through 1,150 (of 1,184 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

The Reds one positive could be bad news for the Cards if games with them have to be postponed. The Cards sure don’t need any more double headers but they do play them 7 times at Busch and 3 at Cincy.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good decision.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Developing…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

The inconsiderate, negligent Reds have broken protocol. Time for all the shamers to start slamming the Reds and their front office.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Monthly

I dont really feel sorry for the teams that weren’t careful enough and now have condensed schedules. However teams such as the Pirates are going to have condensed schedukes due to failings of other teams. Is that fair?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am almost scared to ask, but what do you consider to be a better solution? 😉

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Don’t really have one. Just unfortunate for the teams that were able to prevent it from happening to them.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

However teams such as the Pirates are going to have condensed schedukes due to failings of other teams. Is that fair?

As the worst team in the league by a long shot, I don’t think Pirates fans are missing much. Lol

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope MLB learns a lesson from the Cardinals and is cautious with Reds return to play.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If there are no more positives among the Reds, are you ok with them playing this coming Thursday, 1964? If not, it will affect the Cardinals schedule…

Participant

Free

Hope MLB learns a lesson from the Cardinals and is cautious with Reds return to play.

But we all need to hope they are ready to play by Thursday as the Cards do not need any more double headers on their schedule. One good thing from yesterday – 7 inning games go nice and fast.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Reading the Heyman tweet is worrisome. I hope the variable incubation period lesson has been learned.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, I am not a public health expert or trying to be cute. However, sitting out until Wednesday would make it five days in quarantine without a positive test. I am assuming Wednesday would be a work out day and a Thursday game. My question is: Would the Cardinals have been COVID free following a similar time line?

Is it unreasonable to have positive tests on day seven or eight?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatar1964cards.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

They consulted with Dr. Fauci, but did he agree? I would sure like to see the data behind this…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Edit: This is an update. Apparently the Reds plan to play KC on Tuesday, but are flying there Tuesday morning instead of Monday night.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1964cards asked:

1) My question is: Would the Cardinals have been COVID free following a similar time line?

2) Is it unreasonable to have positive tests on day seven or eight?

1) No, they were not.

2) One would think not or there wouldn’t be a 14-day quarantine, but the real question is to understand the apparent disconnect between positive tests and being contagious.

Participant

Paid - Annual

They are all piling on a plane. If one then tests positive in the next couple days, what happens?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bling asked:

They are all piling on a plane. If one then tests positive in the next couple days, what happens?

Same thing that happened when the Cardinals returned from quarantine in Milwaukee – they go back into quarantine.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

In the non MLB world I dont think it was ever the norm to quarantine a non symptomatic person just because they came in contact with a positive tested person. Not sure why it is in this case.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

In the non MLB world I dont think it was ever the norm to quarantine a non symptomatic person just because they came in contact with a positive tested person. Not sure why it is in this case.

CDC guidance says a person should quarantine 14 days after exposure to a COVID-19 infected individual, even if the person remains asymptomatic. The CDC guidance does provide an exception for critical workers, e.g. law enforcement, food industry, etc. However, CDC guidance doesn’t make it the norm in all cases. MLB is an example.

Participant

Paid - Annual

So if Carlos and Sosa are probably the first ones back, does that mean they were the first ones to contract it?

Viewing 25 posts - 1,126 through 1,150 (of 1,184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years