COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Viewing 25 posts - 776 through 800 (of 926 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Would MLB have been better off using the bubble plan? Maybe so but the players wouldn’t agree to it. On the flip side, states like Florida, Texas, and Arizona are raging with the virus right now so there is no guarantee the bubble would have worked.

Participant

Free

Whoa I am confused here. Has there been a new positive on the Cards roster? Who? Did I see something about a postponement? Give me some good news if you have any.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the MLB season is circling the drain.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Whoa I am confused here. Has there been a new positive on the Cards roster? Who? Did I see something about a postponement? Give me some good news if you have any.

Yes the Cardinals have received test results come back positive. They are quarantining in Milwaukee.

Participant

Free

Thanks gscottar. I found more info on the PD and it’s maybe two positives and they may postpone Saturdays game and do a double header on Sunday unless????????????????????????????????????????

Participant

Free

sounds like time to call it a day.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Two pitchers

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mo will be briefing the media in an hour, at 3 p.m.. I will update this placeholder article accordingly.

Two St. Louis Cardinals Test Positive; Friday Game Postponed

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I heard on the radio that all of the team personnel are in self-quarantine. Also, there are people working for the organization doing ‘tracking’ work, which means they’re trying to find out who gave this virus to these players.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The TCN article three above this one talks about the self-quarantine. The AP article two above explains the tracking process. Good info here to read…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

“It’s not my fault…”

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I think the MLB season is circling the drain.

I agree BlingBoy. And if the season is shut down i cannot see how the NFL is going to play either. And i was really looking forward to football this year.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

I note that a hospital in Milwaukee sent people to the hotel to do rapid tests, results same day or next. I wonder how one makes that happen.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Monthly

So do baseball players not know how to social distance? It seems like baseball is running about 5%-10% just in the last 3-4 weeks. Imagine if the entire US population rate was this high!

Participant

Free

Keith Olberman? Is that the same slime that used to be on TV? I thought he was long ago banned from all public places. But I would be saddened and not surprised to see the season go down the drain. Frankly I don’t see how any athletic season can survive without the bug introducing its ugly head.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Uh-oh…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This version of the count also suggests there is at least six in total…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That no Phillies players seem to have caught the virus after playing three games against the Marlins may be encouraging for the Pirates and Twins, but the Cardinals look to be in big trouble. No news from the team yet today.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Staff likely still had player access. But this could have been worse (and it might still be).

Viewing 25 posts - 776 through 800 (of 926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years