COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wal-Mart doesn’t have anything figured out besides being an essential service. Just entering is swim at your own risk. No testing, so no proof of success. For all we know they are a major hub for spreading the virus.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Yet WalMart continues to open everyday. No reason MLB needs to shut down.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s essential vs non-essential CC. Wal-Mart and the local grocers, etc. are essential, mlb is not. It may be the greatest game, but it’s still just a game. The players and personnel matter most, so if they decide to shut it down I won’t bash the decision.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Marlins now have 17 people infected. Hard to see how they are going to be able to put forward a MLB caliber team on the field anytime soon. Yes, I know they were already a bad team but it looks like they are going to have to use half of their minor league squad or just not play.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Marlins have a real problem with their roster. To put prospects onto the active roster, they first have to be added to the 40-man. While the sick players can be excluded to make room, when they get well, the Marlins are screwed. To take the prospects back off, they would have to be exposed to waivers. So instead they will probably sign a bunch of out of work players they can toss back later.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Can’t see MLB willing to take on the negative PR of making the Nats go into Miami against their will.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe MLB should give teams some kind of 40 man roster exemption for 2020. I am not sure exactly what that would look like but if there were ever the time for one this would be it.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This problem was understood before, but I guess they never expected one team would be decimated.

Check that. Upon further consideration, that is what was behind the proposed teams of unsigned players playing in Nashville, but I am not sure that ever got off the ground…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The plot thickens…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not sure how they are counting this as several players like Soto and Davidson supposedly had positive tests in recent days, but the overall story is good.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I never thought of the idea of them signing unsigned or released players to fill the void for a couple week. While The Rona ain’t no fun we could try and figure out what players would be out there to sign.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Astros just signed 42-year old Fernando Rodney from independent Sugar Land. I wonder if Julian Taveras is still pitching? 😉

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I imagine Jamie Moyer left a few pitches in the chamber.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Could Jim Edmonds still pull a few back in? Since Chicago has today put a quarantine on all folks coming in from Missouri it looks like that August road trip may be longer than expected.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Local/State authorities are certainly an x-factor for teams and their opponents. I saw a reference out of Miami that local officials expect the Marlins to quarantine for two weeks when they return home.

Tinky
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I saw your post regarding that Brian. I wondered if the Miami mayor meant that he would even insist on quarantining the Marlins players who’d tested negative in the last day. If that is the policy that local mayors and governors are going to take, MLB has no chance to finish the season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Their opening day starter…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

More Marlins blowback..

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mandatory that each will team designate a COVID Compliance Officer. Talk about a no-win job…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Uh-oh…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In the meantime, the Marlins are still quarantined there…

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 1,231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.