COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran said:

What does CDC say to do if you’re tested positive without symptoms. Isn’t that the procedure that MLB is following?

No, it is not. I am not an expert on the CDC, but doubt they have weighed in on the detailed particulars of how professional sports teams operate.

MLB developed an Operations Manual from a number of sources (almost certainly including the CDC) and submitted it to the MLBPA. The union made their recommended changes and the two settled on a 101-page document. That set the rules that all teams are following.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Regardless they are getting constantly tested and will be around others who are getting constantly tested.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Absolutely. I did not mean to suggest the protocols are a problem at all. Tier 1, including players, coaches, and the other support people close to the team, are required to have temperature checks twice daily and diagnostic testing every other day all season long.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Delays in the testing process are hurting some teams’ preparation plans. In fact, the Cardinals have delayed their workout today, but they did not say why. It could be weather or something else.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Nats’ GM is rightfully upset.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Players are concerned with the process, too.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

At least according to them, the slackers do not include the Cardinals. Just yesterday, Shildt reinforced that they are erring on the side of caution compared to MLB’s defined protocols.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another hit for the Braves after Freeman… On that team, Felix Hernandez is also sitting out.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Utah lab at center of MLB’s plan to return to play this summer

In laying out how the league plans to protect players and personnel against COVID-19, MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said the league has paid to equip a lab with the ability to process thousands of tests each week. That facility is the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory in South Jordan.

“We paid, made an investment, to convert them over to do the testing that we need in order to play,” Manfred said.

SMRTL was selected at least in part because of its guarantee of quick results.

Link to full article

bccran
    Participant

If too many opt out, this will be a really hollow season and championship.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

This is becoming a sh*t show.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In case there was any doubt…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

No workouts for the Cardinals today. There cannot be a season without testing.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Brian, any chance of getting that Addler tweet reposted in readable form. I don’t don’t twitter so can’t do directly there.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

MM3, here’s a link to the MLB statement in Adler’s tweet.

By the way, in case you don’t know, you don’t need a twitter account to access the tweet. Just click on the Adler tweet above, then click on the picture within the tweet (the statement is posted as a pic within the tweet).

https://www.mlb.com/news/major-league-baseball-statement-july-6-2020

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Thanks ED for that info. I just came back from a Cat Scan looking for blood clots in my lungs and was not on par with reading that tweet. BTW I never got it straight on Twitter but your line got it up fine and made me realize that I have MLB.com on the computer and have not been going to it because when I gave up they didn’t ever have much on it during the virus. Good reminder to check there more often. Again, thanks for waking me up to the baseball world again.
    PS: NO blood clots..Hooray.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

One soccer team shut down for the season.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Manfred makes me wish cor Bud selig’s return.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HardballTalk/status/1280317419874115589

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Voted off the island?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Despite not having ump’d a game this season Joe West is already in peak mid-season form with missed calls.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I wonder how much of this is being driven by his upcoming personal record for games worked. That is noted in the story.

But discussing West’s view of the virus is only going to cause those who want to share their personal views on the matter again to take us off the track of baseball. Let’s just stay away from that. Thanks.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

On an off topic note that I hope is ok here…how are you doing, BHC? I’m glad to see you back here. I’ve been thinking of/praying for you and your family.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of posters we haven’t seen in awhile has anyone heard anything out of Pugs? I hope something bad hasn’t happened and I am the only one that doesn’t know about it.

Viewing 25 posts - 626 through 650 (of 1,231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.