COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Now the PGA…

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

One twitter post hit home for me.
    2020 partial season
    DH in National League
    Extra Innings Ties
    Runner on 2b for extra innings
    Advertisement on uniforms
    ?????? to be added later.

Why even bother?

bccran
    Participant

In the opening day in Japan, former Dodgers and Angles pitcher Zach Neal threw one hit ball for 6 innings to lead his Seibu Lions to a win.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Coach Guntoro is a former college swimmer now in his early 30’s.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Manfred should just call the season tomorrow morning before the voting results even come in. Nobody would be happy about it, but everybody would understand.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For those keeping score at home…

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe they all moonlight at meat packing plants. Seriously, if they are not following the same covid related safety practices that the rest of us have had to cope with when we went back to work, then the virus will be transmitted. If it can’t be done, then they should go home instead of passing it around and spreading it far and wide.

GameCard
    Participant

Free
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

As of yet, no Cardinals players have tested positive.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is not reported cases, but only those people sick enough to be hospitalized.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It;s up to the teams to keep the players safe within the walls of the facility. IT’s up to the players to make sure they’re safe outside of it. The players worry me more honestly.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

And if/when problems do occur, MLB will remind the players they were against the bubble plan. MLB can only do so much. As you note, player responsibility could be the key.

In the bigger picture… What is the number of players a team would have to lose before they are not considered a viable team any more? What if a particular position group like catcher, is wiped out? What happens to the schedule if one team cannot field a complete roster? So many unknowns…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There is no talk of fans in stadiums yet, as they are struggling how to even get the players on the teams there.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Blue Jays look to be in a jam, with the Canadian border closed and their Florida camp shut down.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Well for the Blue Jays it is a matter of getting Major League Baseball to be deemed an essential job by both the US and Canada. Like mining in Canada is essential but the guys from the US were having trouble getting across to work the Gold Rush TV series. Not sure if they made it or not.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I think MLB is coming to realize that there is just no way they are going to escape the virus 100%. Then they will realize what others are noticing – with increased testing, positives are going up but deaths are not doing the same or at least not at the same rate as previous. It can be attributed to the fact that the people most at risk are taking the measures needed to avoid the virus and younger people are doing what younger people do – living up to their motto -We Are Indestructible. So unless it becomes really disastrous I see baseball as becoming tolerant of positive test results within reason. I say that when I see an IL for virus cases is being established. PLAY BALL.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 1,231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.