COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Free

I see some baseball season being played at the MLB level.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It makes sense not to call out a politician by name here. But I only did it to add a little substance to my post. I wasn’t actually calling him out. Politically, I see myself as a Republicrat meaning I’m confused as hell most of the time when it comes to politics.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I was also not calling out anyone here. But after the second politician’s name appeared, I decided to take action before it went somewhere potentially unpleasant.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I forgot to mention yesterday that Mo told us one Cardinals employee (other than Edmonds) tested positive and is “doing better” now. It is an unnamed St. Louis-based employee.

Also, since Edmonds was in spring training earlier, they “retraced steps” but got “no answers”. Mo just guessed that Edmonds may have contracted the virus in a later stop after Jupiter.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

VEB did an article on the baseball side of things for each team if the season were to be lost. The Cards were sort of on the tipping point of things with several players whose options wouldn’t vest if the season were to be lost.

https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2020/4/2/21203961/impact-of-no-season-for-each-mlb-team

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

That would really fit well on the contracts thread…

14NyquisT
    Participant

Thanks 25.

Good read for those looking for some interesting stories containing anything baseball. IMO…. Cards should be towards the bottom of this list. Like the piece suggests, the Cards actually benefit in this instance.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Looks like the virus really backfired on Ozuna’s plan for a one year contract to get him a long term high dollar one. Oh well, as with many others, it happens.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

FYI

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Is MLB or other major sports included in the bailout?

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Brian, if you don’t want politics here that last post gscottar put up with the NBC story should be taken down as it gets hip deep into politics and the NBCs dislike for the President. No place for that garbage here.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am not going to get into censorship here. I just ask folks to be reasonable. If you know you don’t trust a site and see a link to it, just don’t click on it. Move on. I honestly had to go look at a media bias chart to know where any source is considered to be. Because it looked like AP is in the middle of the road, I chose them for an article link to post after the call. (The earlier post was an article written before the call.) Ironically, when I searched for the AP post-call recap story, it took me to the NBC site, which ran the AP account.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/president-trump-meets-league-commissioners-commends-their-response-coronavirus

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we all know Fox News is fair and balanced……lol

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Well we all know Fox News is fair and balanced……lol

You scream about politics and then you continue to push. CNN must be your sole news source. Enjoy.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Baseball. This board is about baseball. Go to your corners, please.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Interesting article for those wondering about the insurance angle of play interruption… (not MLB specific)

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

I guess I see this horrible situation differently… they just brought in a mobile morgue nearby. I’m not taking any chances with this thing except for walking about an hour and a half 4 or 5 days a week (Doctor’s orders).

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I agree 14NyquisT. My pulmonary rehab class has shut down for obvious reasons and after a couple of weeks with little to no exercise I bit the bullet and made it out today. My walking distance unaided is limited due to bad back. Also my need for oxygen is constant when walking. So I got out my seldom used rolling walker that has a seat and basket, put my oxygen tank in the basket and set off walking. Since I live in a cul-de-sac I just walk round and round the cul-de-sac taking a break every three or 4 rounds to let the oxygen catch up and the back take a rest. Did about 3/4 mile if I counted right. Great weather today but wxman says very cold coming back next week. That should put some zip in my step….lol.

Re: The Koreans playing in empty stadiums. I am hearing that they are having a surge in positive tests again. That may crunch the baseball if true.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

MM3 I hadn’t heard that about Korea. I did read about that happening in Japan.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

BHC, I just found that article again and I may have put out some misleading info. You read the article and decide for yourself. https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-south-korea-patients-test-postive-again-quarantine-release-covid-19

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So the NY Mets broadcast team are doing play-by-play on digital games using MLB The Show 2020. These is absolutely a hoot.

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YqKDELMyBDGV

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not an optimistic article for quick resumption of any sports.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 1,231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.