COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum COVID19 Virus vs Baseball

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I still think there is a decent chance that there is no baseball at all in 2020 but I could see the best case scenario being starting at the all star break and playing regular season games through October. That would give us 100 games then the November playoffs could be played in Florida or Arizona or other warm weather areas.

It just seems to me that the state of New York is light years away from opening up stadiums to fans.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It appears that baseball is considering contingency plans to allow games to be played elsewhere and/or with no fans if necessary to get started more quickly. Their plans are clearly more aggressive than yours, but they have been too aggressive before. So we will just have to see what transpires, but personally, I am not making any assumptions other than not before Memorial Day or June 1.

14NyquisT
    Participant

There are stories being written that the “stay at home” in the NYC area may be extended to May. UGH.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLB is aggressively trying to restart the cash machine but there is a difference between aggressiveness and foolishness. Maybe reality will kick in eventually.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Not exactly baseball related but its good seeing athletes give back to their communities:

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is encouraging. Passan also tweeted some tentative details. Check his feed if you are interested. Hopefully we will have all the facts on Friday.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ILcardfan
    Participant

Free

I came on here looking for a contract/service time answer in the event of no mlb season and it looks like I got one. Unfortunately we can’t have our cake and eat it too, we don’t want to give up service time with young players, but on the other hand we want the bad contracts on aging players to go ahead and advance a year so we can get out from under them as regularly scheduled.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I have been thinking about this and would appreciate it if some of the regulars comment. This thread has evolved into a broad catch-all for most anything related to the current situation.

I think I would prefer to start breaking out some of the topics into their own threads. Here are some possible examples:

Agreement on salaries/service time/contracts
    Resumption of spring training/regular season/playoff format
    Draft (already a separate discussion thread)
    Minor leaguers (also already a separate thread)

Do you like this idea? Are there other big topics to be broken out? I don’t want to flood the board with too many subjects, but I sense this one is getting too big in focus.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I agree Brian with the breakouts. But I would recommend keeping at least one topic with the word Virus in the title because there will likely be posters looking for a place to comment on the effects of the virus on their team or players. JMHO.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes. I should have been clear about that. This thread is not going anywhere.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

That is a real gem from a real gem. Thanks Vin. We needed that.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BW, the 2020 season re-worked, definitely deserves it’s own thread. I actually was looking for it this morn’, after yesterdays announcements, go for it.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

If Bader is back in his NYC I hope he is taking the necessary precautions or the whole OF Dilemma thread may be moot.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think I read somewhere where Bader is staying in Florida.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bader definitely stayed in Florida for the winter. If I recall correctly, he worked out daily with Tommy Pham and Gregory Polanco. Where he went for the recent shutdown, I am not sure.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 1,231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.