Community 2022 Top Prospect Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Community 2022 Top Prospect Voting

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 467 total)
  • Author
    lrcardinal
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Ivan Herrera #6.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Herrera for me.

TheBeave
    Participant

Herrera

bccran
    Participant

6 – Burleson

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Once again going with Ivan Herrera at #6. He’s on the edge of being criminally too low at this point. I predict that in one year, people will look back and wonder how they ever ranked Ivan so low. He’s going to be our starting catcher for 6+ years in St Louis.

PadsFS
    Participant

Ivan Herrera – #6

STLCards posted this back in September:

Plate appearances against pitchers younger than them:
    Nolan Gorman 0
    Jordan Walker 2
    Masyn Winn 6
    Ivan Herrera 6

Plate appearances against batters younger than them:
    Matthew Liberatore 12

For a catcher to do that at 21, at AA no less, and to hit ABOVE-AVERAGE on the year with a 104 wRC+. That is incredible. Herrera is personally #3 on my list. Herrera is the true heir apparent to Molina. His 13.7% BB%-rate is really noticeable to me.

Steamer even projects him to put up an 89 wRC+ as early as next year. Molina had an 83 in 2021 and is projected for an 88 in 2022, while league average for a catcher in the MLB is ….you guessed it ~ an 89 wRC+.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Burleson at #6.

PadsFS
    Participant

Is Nootbaar eligible? I feel like he would be much higher than either Yepez and Burleson at this point.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#6 Ivan Herrera

PadsFS
    Participant

I really feel like our top 4-5 guys all should be top 100 MLB guys.

Liberatore and Gorman will be for sure, but Walker and Herrera, to me, look like the top 100 players too.

Herrera looks like he should slot in behind Rutschman and Bart, above Wells of the NYY, who’s still in A+, and Francisco Alvarez of the NYM.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is Nootbaar eligible? I feel like he would be much higher than either Yepez and Burleson at this point.

EDIT-Nootbaar *is* eligible. 124 plate appearances so he just makes it under the cutoff.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

The thing that strikes me about Burleson is he always barreled the ball; the power is new. He looks likely to not only repeat his big counting stats, but he could improve them in the AAA environment.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am assuming Woodford is ineligible? He has over a year of service time.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

#6 Ivan Herrera – Not much to say. Slightly above average in AA while very young for the league. Will likely play most of the year at AAA. Bat first catcher with a strong work ethic and improving receiving and defensive skills. Seems to be the heir apparent behind the plate. Could easily be 3-5 in this ranking and a border line top 100 prospect with a few services putting him in the back end of their lists over the last year.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

EDIT-Nootbaar *is* eligible. 124 plate appearances so he just makes it under the cutoff.

Didn’t think he would be eligible. Will have to consider him as well!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am assuming Woodford is ineligible? He has over a year of service time.

Woodford is not eligible. You are correct.

Someone also brought up Oviedo earlier. He is not eligible either. See the first post of this thread for the list.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

6 Herrera

PadsFS
    Participant

cardsfan64

Didn’t think he would be eligible. Will have to consider him as well!

Yeah, I mean Nootbaar has already proven himself in the MLB and he outhit Yepez in the AFL.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t personally see Nootbaar as anything more than a 4th OFer. He’s got some potential but I think his AFL stats are a product of his MLB time where I think Yepez can use his as a harbinger of future production moreso.

Yepez would have been my #6 and Nootbaar around #10-12.

Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I vote for Ivan Herrera #6.

Just to know for the future:

Seth Elledge
    Angel Rondon
    Ali Sanchez

These players are still eligible? They were not listed on page one of this thread.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If not listed on page 1, they are eligible so long as they have not crossed the 50 IP/130 PA threshold. In this case, Elledge, Rondon and Sanchez are eligible.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Also note that the minor league free agents remain eligible until they sign with another team. If anyone hears of a signing, please update and we will adjust our lists.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Ah, so Plummer would still be eligible! Good to know! I wondered about that so thanks for the clarification, 25.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Herrera at 6.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Nootbaar has shown tremendous improvement
    in the last year. His power potential has increased. Along with Burleson, I think he could be a starter, and could allow O’Neill or Bader to be traded in the future. But I don’t advocate trading any young prospect unless we get a major return.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 467 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.