Community 2022 Top Prospect Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Community 2022 Top Prospect Voting

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 467 total)
  • Author
    flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Mcgreevy at 10

TheBeave
    Participant

I just can’t get myself to vote for players as high prospects without a full year of professional ball under their belt. We can draft a John Doe that hits 112 EV off a tee, runs a 6.2 60 yard dash, and throw 98 across the field (or mound) and think he is the second coming. Until we put him in the box, on the field, or on the mound to see what they can and can’t do at any professional level, we are never exactly sure what we are going to get for their future. They need to show what they can do, how do they compete, and, if they are successful, at that time I can accurately place them as a high prospect player. Until then, I will vote the players that have shown success and progress through the system. I’m not saying the newbies should be completely off the board, but a top 20 ranking is hard for me to place them. I’m not saying y’all are wrong or anything for putting them up as a high prospects, that’s just my belief in my voting.

Anyway, I’m going with Donovan @ #10. Thank you!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Michael McGreevy for #10 for me. People who aren’t excited about this kid will be soon. He fits an organizational need as a strike thrower who should move quickly. This is the kind of Wacha-Gonzales-Weaver-Hudson pick that the Cards are famous for. I could easily see this kid in the top 3-5 next year.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brendan Donovan #10 for me. I like to reward players who have moved up the ranks and proved it on the field.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Donovan is an interesting case. He came in at #50 in the main voting last year, and the fans voted him #51. He did have a good year, but I’d caution against putting a lot of stock in his limited time stats as he moved up. Adjustments go both ways, and there is a good shot he’s exposed next year in a full time assignment at Memphis. Still, there’s some flexibility in where he can play. I don’t think he’s the next Edman, though. Tommy is a much better defender.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Donovan had a great 2021 but his entire milb career has been good. I don’t think he is a one hit wonder. I can’t guarantee he is the next Edman. Maybe he is the next Max Schrock but the data suggests that this guy can really hit.

2021- AB 391, HR 12, RBI 66, Avg .304, OBP .399, OPS .854
    Career- AB 810, HR 20, RBI 121,Avg. 284, OBP .386, OPS .817

14NyquisT
    Participant

McGreevy for #10.

PadsFS
    Participant

#10 McGreevy – 1st Round Pick, 6’4 College arm.

This is the Cardinals getting back to what they draft best – college pitchers – starting in 2005 with just 1st rounders, you go:

05 – Perez
    06 – Ottavino
    07 – Mortensen
    08 – Lynn
    09 – Miller
    10 – Blair
    12 – Wacha
    13 – Gonzales
    14 – Weaver
    15 – Woodford
    16 – Hudson
    18 – Roberts
    19 – Thompson
    21 – McGreevy

Didn’t pick one in 11 (Wong), 17 (scandal), 20 (Walker)

Didn’t work out with Mortensen (part of Holliday trade though), Blair, and very likely Roberts, but everyone else on the list made the majors with success or still can (Woodford and Thompson)

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pads-Woodford was a high schooler I believe, but the point still stands. The Cards have drafted a lot of college pitchers and they’ve mostly worked out.

PadsFS
    Participant

Good call.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

McGreevey at 10

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With StlCard25’s unwavering blessing, I would at this juncture like to update the vote tally:

Michael Steven McGreevy-8

Joshua Emanuel Baez-5

Brendan Michael Donovan-3

Angel (pronounced “An-hell”) Miguel Rondon-1

*Alexander”The Great” is presently mowing them down in the Puerto Rican League, Nigel. We should see him in the majors this coming season.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A big thanks for Pugs’ help and assistance with these results. They checked out on my recount, so your TCN #10 prospect for 2022 is Michael McGreevy!!

Voting will spread out a little bit more now, with 3 days for each 5 votes. Each vote is weighted so that the top vote in each round is worth 5, then the next one 4, etc. The top 5 totals, in order, will comprise that series of 5. Ties are broken starting with the most votes at the highest slot for that round.

With that out of the way, voting for #11-15 is now OPEN. Voting will end at 8 PM EST/7 PM CST on November 26th.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A quick update of your TCN Top 10 prospects for 2022 (age in 2022):

1. 2B/3B Nolan Gorman (22)
    2. 3B Jordan Walker (20)
    3. LHP Matthew Liberatore (22)
    4. 1B/OF Juan Yepez (24)
    5. SS/RHP Masyn Winn (20)
    6. C Ivan Herrera (22)
    7. OF Alec Burleson (23)
    8. OF Lars Nootbaar (24)
    9. LHP Zack Thompson (24)
    10. RHP Michael McGreevy (21)

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

11. Baez
    12. Donovan
    13. Andre Pallante
    14. Malcolm Nunez
    15. Angel Rondon

lrcardinal
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

11. Baez
    12. Donovan
    13. Andre Pallante
    14. Malcom Nunez
    15. Tink Hence

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

#11 – Donovan
    #12 – Baez
    #13 – Malcom Nunez
    #14 – Nick Plummer
    #15 – Delvin Perez

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

11. Donovan
    12. Pallante
    13. Baez
    14. Rondon
    15. Hence

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

11- Brendan Donovan
    12- Luken Baker
    13- Malcolm Nunez
    14- Angel Rondon
    15- Joshua Baez

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Plummer not in anyone’s top 15? That’s a little surprising. Also, feel free to include your reasoning for each pick. You never know what influence it may have!

PadsFS
    Participant

Plummer was but he’s a free agent now

PadsFS
    Participant

That’s the same top 10 I have just in a different order! I have Herrera at 3 and McGreevy at 6 on mine.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I won’t be voting for Plummer unless I see he signs a free agent deal with the Cardinals. Right now, I assume he will be on another team next year.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just a reminder that the minor league free agents ARE eligible and will be counted until they sign with another team. Just because they are free agents, it doesn’t mean they may not end up back with us. I’d like to include them in the countdown. If anyone wants to edit their list, feel free to include a new one and note that it’s a new list so I don’t double count.

PadsFS
    Participant

My picks:

#11 – Joshua Baez, OF
    #12 – Brandon Donovan, IF
    #13 – Andre Pallante, RHP
    #14 – Delvin Perez, SS
    #15 – Malcom Nunez, 3B

Perez here worries me since the Cardinals didn’t even protect him, but it’s more of a faith-driven choice. Baker is coming up and he’s in the same boat.

I moved Pallante up after his excellent stint in the AFL. I had him below Hence and Rondon. I liked Rondon when he was a 21 yr old at AA in 2019, but the lost 2020 derailed his prospect status a lot. Hopefully he gets back on track in Memphis’ dynamic rotation next year ~ Pallante, Rondon, Woodford, Oviedo, Thompson, and Liberatore. We haven’t had an experienced, prospect-heavy AAA rotation like that since 2017 (Weaver, Mayers, Flaherty, Gonzales, Gant).

Nunez was still young for the league in A+ ball and had a 120 wRC+. We’d be looking at him different if he stayed there and continued to hit ~ .804 OPS.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 467 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.