Brewers Thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Brewers Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, this brings the Brewers down a notch without an elite closer.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They got the Padres closer in Taylor Rogers plus they still have Devin Williams in the bullpen, who is fairly elite himself.

Lamet has the potential to be a very good starter if healthy, plus the Brewers got two of the Padres top 10 prospects so not a bad trade for the Brewers really. They weren’t going to be able to afford Hader next year so they dealt him now since his value is higher now than it would be this next winter.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

We should be more concerned that the Padres for Hader than hapy the Brewers lost him. We may very well be fighting with the Pads for the last playoff spot.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There has to be more to Hader’s departure than meets the eye. Word has been swirling about here in America’s Dairyland that he was getting dealt by the deadline for the past month. Something tells me that San Diego just got royally fleeced.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like the trade for MIL before you factor in Lamet. If Lamet can be a SP3 or better for a season and-a-half, well, MIL has to pull that trigger.

That CF’r is a rabbit and the other prospect Fangraphs has as a “high probability SP4”.

It looks like a Rays trade, where they trade a season early, instead of late.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very strange.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So the Brewers traded Hader for 2023 payroll reasons, he’s at 11mil this season. But they also DFA’d Cain and Lamet for 20mil this season. And after the Hader trade, they traded for Rosenthal and picked up the full 4.5mil tab on him, even tho he hasn’t seen mlb action this season.

Stearns is trying to pass this off as a roster crunch. No room for the guy you just traded for.

O my.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rockies claim Lamet and the 1.6mil he’s owed to finish the season. This coming offseason the Rockies could tender his arb3 salary for 2023, or cut bait with a non-tendered decision.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This game has sort of a 1950’s feel to it…..though I was not born yet in the 50’s.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp a base hit to right to place Pinstripers on the corners with one out here in the 1st. Then Glayber Torres strikes out swinging. Donaldson doubles to deep right-center and it’s 1-0 Yanks…..Carp halted his progress at 3rd. Benintendi grounds out to 2nd to retire the side.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brewers thread Pugs

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1. Nestor Cortes on the hill for N. Y.

Carlson grounds out to Lemahieu who had Dylan played up the middle.

Edman pops out about 20 feet behind the 1st base bag in fair territory to Torres

Goldy grounds out to SS

Yanks 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyone know if this Yankee SS Kiner is related to Ralph in any fashion? Anyway, he beats out a slow grounder to SS for an infield single to start the Yankee 2nd. Trevino hits it a mile high out to the track in left where O’Neill hauled it in ……I would not have wanted to see Pez sizing up that moonshot out there. Hicks walks.

Shucks! Thanks J.J. Don’t know how that happened…… I’ll blame it on my crack production crew……who may have been smoking a bit of it. I’ll take this over to the real game thread

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, you are in the Brewers thread!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards have had a lot of help. Losing all those leads isn’t going to be helped with Hader gone.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rosenthal just cannot stay healthy…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MIL trails PHI by 1.5 games for the second wild card spot and trail the SDP by 3.0 games for the first wild card.

The SDP are 7-3 their last 10 and have 9 games remaining, all at home. 3 vs LAD, 3 VS CHW and 3 vs the SFG.

PHI is 3-7 their last 10, have 10 games remaining and all are road games. 3 @ CHC, 4 @ WSN and 3 @ HOU.

MIL is 6-4 their last 10, have 9 games remaining and all are home games. 2 vs us, 4 vs MIA and 3 vs ARI.

The home / road difference between PHI and MIL could influence their W/L outcomes by a game, maybe two.

If Philly can go 5-5 down the stretch, they finish with a 88-74 record. MIL (82-71) would then need a 7-2 finish to win the 2nd wild card seed outright, with PHI holding the tie-breaker.

It’s a long shot unless PHI plays under.500 ball.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s easy to say now, but I have honestly not worried/cared about our magic number to clinch the division for at least the last 3 weeks. Even with Milwaukee’s imposing starting pitching, they simply do not have the overall team depth to hang with the Cardinals.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’s a long shot unless PHI plays under.500 ball.

jj, I was looking at all these factors a week or so ago. At the time, things looked great for the Phils, but now problems are lurking for them if they don’t feast against the cubs and Nats. If the Brewers close the gap before the last series for both teams, the Phils will be in trouble. Hopefully the Cards will help the Phils out. Phils also hold tiebreaker against Pads, if that comes into play.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Euro, 7 of Phillies last 10 we vs ATL, with PHI going 2-5. Their schedule lightens up bit but they had better remember how to win, quickly.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, I’ve been watching a lot of the Braves lately. Brewers need to send them a thank you card. If they turn out to be meaningful, it’s the last 3 against Houston that’s got to worry Philadelphia.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MIL trails PHI by 1.5 games for the second wild card spot and trail the SDP by 3.0 games for the first wild card.

Technically the first wild card spot is currently occupied by Atlanta. San Diego has wild card number two and Philadelphia has wild card number three.

I hope the Brewers don’t get the third wild card spot. I don’t want to face Woodruff and Burnes in a three game series.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope the Brewers don’t get the third wild card spot. I don’t want to face Woodruff and Burnes in a three game series.

Wheeler and Nola have arguably been better, and the Phillies actually have an offense. I don’t think either are a great matchup for us. I’d probably pick San Diego if I had to choose the team to play, especially in St Louis.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.