Brewers Thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Brewers Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It would be best if it stayed close so neither team could set up their rotations.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It would be best if it stayed close so neither team could set up their rotations.

No doubt. Just one off-day after the regular season. It’s nice the Brewers have wiggled their way back into it somewhat.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wheeler and Nola have arguably been better, and the Phillies actually have an offense. I don’t think either are a great matchup for us. I’d probably pick San Diego if I had to choose the team to play, especially in St Louis.

I just wouldn’t want to give the Brewers another shot at us after we win the division. Something about that just doesn’t feel right. I would rather take my chances with the Phillies.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Brewers rotation just got weaker. After leaving Tuesday’s game, Houser went onto the IL today.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Philly loses their second straight to the CHC, and now have four losses in a row. Maybe they can’t play .500 ball down the stretch.

MIL beating StL puts them a half game behind PHI with the more favorable schedule.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would rather face the Phillies instead of the Brewers.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Amen to that gscottar. Burnes and Woodruff could put us out in a hurry. Especially if Goldschmidt and Arenado don’t start hitting the ball. What a time for a slump.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cubs sweep the Phils, outscoring them 8-3 in the series. At the moment, the Phils now have identical records with the Brewers, although the Brewers are very early in their game with the Marlins tonight. Not looking good for the Phils with their final 6 games on the road, 3 against the Astros.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Or it could be what a time for fatigue due to a long season.

Idk Milwaukee could get in. lol

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Phillies do have the tiebreaker. If they finish tied it’s the Phillies that are in St. Louis for the three game set. Scharber, Harper, Realmuto, Hoskins, and company.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Brewers were 4 outs away from a 2-0 win. Then a grand slam happened. Marlins won 4-2.

Phils now one better in the loss column.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That Hader trade turned out to be a killer in their clubhouse.

The Mets have been trying to get Stearns for a couple of years. Now they have their shot.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sure looks like a rebuild… or at least clearing salary for someone else…

14NyquisT
    Participant

Peguero is the headliner here. Very good numbers at AAA and pitched 13 games in relief for the Brewers in’22 with not so good #s. He’ll likely get a shot at their ’23 rotation. Junk may get a shot in the Brewer’s BP. I couldn’t get much info on Seminaris.

MIL must be headed towards filling Renfoe’s spot outside of the organization because I don’t see much in their system OF-wise.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years