Brad Miller Signing

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Brad Miller Signing

Viewing 22 posts - 126 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

batting average can be used just as effectively as war when it comes to baseball conversations. an average will give you a good idea about how often you can expect a hit from a player. sure some players struggle at situational hitting and there are other factors but its a viable gauge. sure war has its uses and a lot of people love it but I don’t feel its needed for me to evaluate cardinal players cause I know enough about baseball to evaluate what I see and I mainly watch cardinal games. it might help for players on other teams but im not interested in those players much outside of a few. also since I know that a lot of these new stats don’t devalue some things as much as they should, I don’t trust them at all.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Willie –

Once again, would you please kindly capitalize the first word of your sentences like everyone else does. It will be much easier to read. Thank you very much.

Participant

Free

Fancy stats won’t show us how Yadier Molina was a better hitter than Paul Goldschmidt and Marcell Ozuna last year. Not sure what the manager is thinking when putting the lineup together, though.

Participant

Free

bccrabby?

Participant

Paid - Annual

bccrabby? Please explain, ChiTown. I don’t understand your post.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Let’s just stop here. You asked politely once, but did not get a response. Better to let it drop, please, than to continue. Different people are going to have different posting styles. My advice is that if you can’t read it, skip over it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Will do, Brian. Thought he might have missed the first request.

Participant

Free

Supposedly the no batting gloves, LHH, and bat resting on his shoulder as the pitcher goes into the wind up, reminds many of Carpenter.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Put “Brad Miller Video” into Google and enjoy his 2018 highlights. We may have a very productive addition.

Participant

Free

CardsFanInChiTown wrote:

Supposedly the no batting gloves, LHH, and bat resting on his shoulder as the pitcher goes into the wind up, reminds many of Carpenter.

Oh no. Say it ain’t so Joe. One of those is enough.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Put “Brad Miller Video” into Google and enjoy his 2018 highlights. We may have a very productive addition.

Miller is the kind of signing the Cards used to crush. Hopefully this will be another one.

Participant

Free

Amen ST25. Let’s hope he isn’t Ty Wigginton “light”. I mean with the bat, not the actual weight.

BC, I don’t know if we watched the same video, but in the one I watched, his glove looks a lot better than expected and the clutch hits are promising. I’m still in the great signing camp.

His swing sure does look a lot like Carp though…. that is worrisome, but at only $2M vs $38M, it makes it more acceptable.

Participant

Free

Miller video was impressive. Hope you don’t mind but I went looking for a Dylan Carlson video and he is not too shabby either despite it all being in the minors:

Participant

Paid - Annual

ChiTown –
    I agree. His defense looks a lot better than some have mentioned.

Participant

Free

Well bccran I actually did miss the first post. I cant promise that im gonna put capitals on every post. it isn’t my style not that I have one. if I remember I will but don’t count on it. im just putting out general information. im not trying to write an editorial but if I remember, ill try.

Participant

Free

Willie, I like the substance of your posts but the grammatical errors are annoying sometimes. im and ill need to be capitalized AND an apostrophe.

Participant

Free

Willie, no judgement like some, but I am curious….. What device doesn’t auto correct that kind of thing?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

if I remember I will but don’t count on it.

This sentence has a bit of humorous charm about it. If I didn’t know better, I’d say willie is yanking bccran’s chain.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Last September, Miller was the only
    player in Phillies history to have 3 multi home run games over a 9 game span. He could be a true key for the Cards this season.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Let’s hope, bccran. There’s a niche staring him in the face that needs to be filled.

Participant

Free

Well apparently cardsfaninchitown my device doesn’t do that. also there is no way im capitalizing the start of every sentence. ive never understood how people have problems with reading something just because one word isn’t capitalized or that there aren’t paragraphs. now if I put all the words together without spaces, I might could see a problem. doing stuff like this is fun time for me and im not going to make it seem like work just to satisfy some.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I also like the fact that Miller has played over 100 major league games in the outfield. A combination of he and Edman give the skipper a lot of positional flexibility.

Viewing 22 posts - 126 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years