Baseball America 2019 prospect rankings

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Baseball America 2019 prospect rankings

This topic contains 84 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mudville 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

There is still 16 prospects better than Carlson?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In all of baseball? Yes.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’m a little shocked Montero is still in the top 100. I’m not an expert like some of you, but as far as the top 100 goes in my humbled opinion…..

– Carlson in the 15-30 range
    – Gorman – 20-35 range
    – Rondon – 45-55
    – Knizner – 75-100
    – Herrera – 80-120 (most under valued guy in the system)
    – Montero, Lane Thomas, Arozarena, Torres and Nunez in the 95-150 range
    – Justin Williams, Junior F, Cabrera, Whitley and Thompson between 150-250

For what FA relievers go for these days, the Junior F. and Whitley types are often passed over on top prospect lists, but can be just as important and valuable to a ML club. Cabrera has electric stuff and could be a great lefty to add to that young duo if he can figure out how to throw strikes.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rondon and Arozarena are the most undervalued IMO. I could see Rondon breaking camp in 2020 as our fifth starter, but likely will be sent to Memphis. Since he excelled in the notoriously hitter friendly Texas League he is near ready. Arozarena has impressed me with his opposite field hitting, which was his big improvement in 2019. I think he can hit .300 plus with 20 homer potential.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

C27, Interesting projections on Randy. I hope you are right. How do you think he compares to Oscar Mercado?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Arozarena will hit better and have more power than Mercado. But Mercado is the better fielder, and is a natural center fielder, where Arozarena is more of a corner guy who can play center.

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For me, Mercado has the profile of a Kevin Pillar-type. Arozarena is a flashier version of Gerardo Parra. Arozarena doesn’t have plus power, but he will run into 10 or more homers with plus on-base ability. He can steal 15-20 bags and play solid defense wherever. He’s a spark-plug type.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Avatar Derek Shore.
    forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With a profile like that for Arozarena, that’s why I was hoping he would get more playing time when he originally came up. I would like to see a lineup where we have a few spark plug type players to go along with the mashers. Make the lineup more balanced.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Who are you going to sit?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For those of us who haven’t seen much of Arozarena yet, it’s hard to sum him up. But if he is really a spark plug like you say, Schildt will definitely find a place for next year. Players that play hungry are the most fun to watch.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years