Albert Pujols

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Albert Pujols

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I kind of agree Albert doesn’t fit in certain ways. But he would general more revenue. Anybody that doesn’t think so, is out of their mind. He would also generate buzz in the park and the community. Having him retire as a cardinal along with Molina and waino and play the last year with them would be a great baseball story. The way I look at it. Him being with the club would only be topped by the Cardinals winning the world series. Anything short of that, I prefer Albert being on the team.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Thanks Albert. We appreciate everything you did for us. But no thanks.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It seems to me if he is wanting to get 21 homeruns to get to 700 then Colorado is the best place for him.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert can still swing a good bat against LH pitchers but using a roster spot just for that would limit the team. This would basically just be a PR and revenue generating move.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Would love to see Albert back from a sentimental standpoint. But from a realist’s view, it is better to give ABs Albert would take to Yepez.

Now if Yepez gets off to a slow start and looks a year away, maybe you bring him in around mid-June. Would be cool if that happened and he had a Will Clark/Cesar Cedeno type run.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Somebody put a picture on Facebook of Pujols in a Cardinal uniform and said something about this is how Pujols will look in his new uniform.

Obviously I about sh~t myself and immediately went to Yahoo/MLB and here to see if that actually did happen. My blood pressure is back to normal now.

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I would hate to see Albert holding back a prospect. Can the Cards endure a second straight year of a wasted roster spot. Pujols could easily out produce Carps numbers last year however. He could be adequate as the RH DH. Ugh I hate that position. On the one hand you could bring him in at the end of the season when rosters expand. Or you could just say thanks, but know thanks. I was in the stadium last year when Albert came. Was quite a moment for Cardinal fans and Albert. This kind of thing can helps Cardinal lore and can attract players to this organization. Tastes great / Less filling. I feel strongly both ways.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I could easily see where Albert tweaks his hammy late spring and Jordan Walker appears on the scene after just completing high A, and the world suddenly returns to complete harmony because the natural order of supernatural events will have come full circle leading to another 11 years of Cardinals glory.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I could easily see where Albert tweaks his hammy late spring and Jordan Walker appears on the scene after just completing high A, and the world suddenly returns to complete harmony because the natural order of supernatural events will have come full circle leading to another 11 years of Cardinals glory.

Wouldn’t that be something!! Lol. I like the way you think, Nigel.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another parallel is that Albert will be paid for the next 10 years after retiring, but Bobby Bonilla gets cash from the Mets for 25 years. Gifts that keep on giving…

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The Cards are still paying Pujols and Holliday in deferred money

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he tweaked his hammy how would we know?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

While it’s accurate Pujols and Holliday have deferred payments through 2029, it also deserves mentioning that it’s not big dollars.
    1.5mil and 1.2mil, or combined less than 2% of the current 151mil Cots has our budget at.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If somebody is interested in Pujols shouldn’t they be getting him signed? We are only ten days away from Opening Day. And I would think Pujols should be wanting to get signed and get started. Surely in his case it cannot be a matter of years and $$$.

r/Esteemed Rat

Oliver
    Participant

Free

He is back.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

2.5M

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

This is stupid.

I guess the Cardinals are trying to cover over they didn’t actually try to upgrade the team this offseason with a nostalgia tour.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Over the past three seasons Pujols had nearly 400 plate appearances vs. southpaws and posted an OPS just over .830 (and well over .900[!] in 2021). So in a straight platoon role he just might have a good bit of value, despite his 42 years.

Welcome back, Albert!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Love and hate the signing all at the same time! His OPS vs lefties is impressive the last few years. As long as they stick to using him against them, it could be a nice signing for more than just ticket sales.

Against a lefty – Edman, Goldy, TON, Arenado, Carlson, Pujols, Yadi, DeJong, Bader?

What does this mean for Yepez? He’s in a deal for Manaea is what I hope it means!

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Well since Mo and dewallet decided not to spend any real money and go out and try to win it all this they figured they better do this to get people to come to games.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, they will certainly sell some tickets in September no matter what. Welcome back, Albert.

On the field, I’m not sure it’s a huge upgrade but he has been good against LHP. It does seem to clog things up for guys like Gorman and Yepez unless someone is getting traded.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Seems suspect. If he’s going to play for a month and then retire a Cardinal – ok, I guess.

I’d rather not tarnish the memory of him leaving as a champion.

Like Babe Ruth still trying to play late, late in his career…..

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Good signing. Low Risk.

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 397 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years