Albert Pujols

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Albert Pujols

Viewing 15 posts - 401 through 415 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Of course Pujols will be allowed to attend Cardinals reunions and the like, but not do any work for the team. Really nothing new here, but based on social media reactions, many did not seem to understand this.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, this is meaningless. I say he deserves accolades for honoring the agreement he signed.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyone now if he is living in St. Louis? I think he still has a house in Chesterfield but don’t now if he lives there.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

He still has a house in Wildwood, which is in the near vicinity of Chestefield, but I’m not at all sure if it functions as his primary residency. He probably lived there during this past season and also probably stays there when in town for a lot of the charity functions that he’s a part of. Who knows how many residential properties he owns? If I had the money and fame that he possesses, no one would know where I was if I wanted it that way…Haha!

grayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

Respect him as a player, not crying over his personal services contract. Why a man should deserve “accolades” for honoring a commitment he signed is beyond me, and maybe speaks more towards how we define honor and character in this day and age than anything else.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t think he’d be much of a draw around LA anyway.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

$10 million in accolades.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Chicken feed to a guy like the great Albert Pujols.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

He just went through a divorce, and I bet it wasn’t cheap. And if he didn’t care about the $10 million, he could have simply opted out of the personal services contract and he could have spent every minute of the next decade as a Cardinal. But he didn’t.

I certainly understand his call, but it doesn’t seem praise-worthy.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m not sure how a dissolved marriage comes into play. It happens all the time. What’s rare, is for someone to have enough monetary resources to look upon $10 MM as chicken feed. And I’m reasonably certain that Albert Pujols retains enough resources to deem that amount of paper as such.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I think $10M is a lot of money to anybody.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, divorce is common. So is halving the couple’s financial resources to settle as well as alimony and child support perhaps. Seems to be potentially very relevant.

grayssportsalmanac
    Participant

Free

All we know are albert’s career earnings. Beyond that we have no idea about his financial situation. Especially after the divorce which is extremely relevant. With public figures these are where NDAs come into play and Albert will certainly get taken for a significant amount.

So for keeping his toes in the game to be able to also market himself- i think Albert will gladly take 1mm a year.

I think sometimes people confuse captains of industry and technology creation with athletes. They may be the same age. But unless Albert becomes extremely aggressive with his money (doubtful) his earing years are now behind him. And he should consider himself lucky to get 1mm a year for a part time job in baseball.

Fergie jenkins drives a minivan and signs baseballs for 35 dollars a pop at dozer field in peoria. Kind of sad to see considering.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It will be interesting to see if Albert is around at all other than when he is being officially worshipped.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Pujols’ ROI as a Cardinal was no doubt well above break even. As a Cardinal fan you cannot really complain about what he does from here on out. He gave the Cardinals more than he took.

Viewing 15 posts - 401 through 415 (of 415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years