AFL

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

25 – Sometimes guys can perfect a secondary pitch or two which increases their effectiveness. That can happen at any level.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley’s BABiP was lower than Parson’s but nobody says his season was smoke and mirrors. Nobody mentions Graceffo’s .237 BABiP. Nobody mentions Paniagua’s .257 BABiP. I have noticed many times that those kind of stats only matter when they support the desired narrative.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If some actually believe that Parsons will be added to the 40-man, then good for you. We will see soon enough how the Cardinals feel about it. That is all that matters.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BW You are right, they probably won’t. They are so good at developing starters there is no reason to question their decision making criteria.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If you haven’t subscribed, now would be a great time as we have much exclusive content from the AFL, with more coming.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder whatThomas is doing differently in the AFL? I don’t recall seeing a pitcher struggle at AAA, and then excel in Arizona. He is borderline worthy of adding to 40 man roster. I think he could be taken fromus, and stashed in someone’s bullpen especially since he is a lefty.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The competition is probably less than facing AAA hitters all the time. BW pointed out that the American League teams didn’t send top prospects this year.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Concerning Thomas, I read somewhere that he was working on a new pitch that was making a difference. A sinker, I believe. He is getting more swing and miss stuff.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For much more on Thomas, check this out. Other stories about his improvement seem to have exaggerated certain aspects.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Every time I listen to one of these ‘in his own words’ interviews, I come away hoping and praying the kid makes it to the Bigs.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Glad you like them. Masyn Winn is queued up for tomorrow. I was impressed with him.

Still to come are Mike Antico, Ryan Loutos and Kyle Leahy. And a lot of photos!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

It would be nice to interview the manager to get his thoughts on what the Cardinal players do well, and what they need to work on.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Connor Thomas is the AFL Pitcher of the Year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    LACardFan
    Participant

Free

MLB.com ranked Walker #1 and Winn #7 in terms of AFL peformances. No questions about Winn’s defense at short.

AFL Top Performers

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years