AFL

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Herrera played in the AFL previously. Plus he is needed now, currently on St. Louis’ taxi squad, on hand and ready if Molina or Knizner is injured now or during the playoffs.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Regarding the ABS challenge system we discussed on another thread, it is only being used at Salt River plus the three games at Chase Field. Not being used at the other five AFL parks.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like O’Neill is playing in Arizona now? I had thought the line was that he was too hurt to play?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Think of it like a minor league rehab stint, though there is no reason for it to continue now.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Too bad Loutos took a loss, but it sounds like he was a victim of circumstance more than bad pitching. It doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure out how he managed to light up the org’s computer – the high K/9 and his success bringing down the BB/9. He got hit around some in his AAA intro, but a high K/9 seems to trump results sometimes.

The AFL stint basically guarantees we will see him in big league camp, in some capacity. A good showing would likely mean he’d be on the list to come up. That would be something.

I was also wondering what sort of roster manipulation had to happen for O’Neill to play. Did one of our other guys get cut from the squad, and now presumably reinstated?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am curious what the plans are for Hence. I hope they give him an 80 pitch limit at some point. He probably should have been moved up to Peoria or Springfield for a cup of coffee earlier.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bling asked:

I was also wondering what sort of roster manipulation had to happen for O’Neill to play. Did one of our other guys get cut from the squad, and now presumably reinstated?

Like I said, think of it like an MLB player rehabbing in the minors. The rehabbers don’t count against the minor league roster.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PadsFS
    Participant

With Winn’s walks, his OBP is now .522 in the early going, while Walker’s SLG is .625. Those are promising numbers (SSS warning!)

Tink Hence is also the youngest pitcher in the league. There is a couple position players that are a month younger than him, one being teammate Lawlar, the SS from the D’Backs.

I saw Moises Castillo is tearing it up in the AFL for the White Sox. They pulled him from us in the minor league Rule 5 last year.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Salt River is really looking haggard. I wonder how it’s possible to have such a bad team in Arizona?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

11.18 team ERA on pitching side and .792 OPS on hitting side, both last in the league.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PadsFS
    Participant

Walker played CF for the second time yesterday. That is quite promising if he could handle CF some. Despite losing Bader, we could still have 4 capable CFers on the roster next year in Carlson, O’Neill, Nootbaar, and Walker.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Walker also played CF in four games for Springfield. Good to know he can handle it, but I suspect he would not be an above average player there defensively. Indications point to right field as his likely future home.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walker has three of the four highest exit velocities on batted balls in the AFL so far. He also has the strongest OF throw. And to top it off, his max sprint speed of 29.9 ft/s is pretty darned impressive for such a big man.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So far Hence is handling competition a lot more advanced than the FCL. Low WHIP combined with low K/9 means he is getting a lot of outs on batted balls. Similar to Woodford and Parsons. My guess it will be interpreted differently in his case. If the computer throws any shade on him it will go over the side.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.