AFL

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No Cardinals are participating in Saturday’s AFL Home Run Derby.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BW, are you in Arizona this week? If so, looking forward to your reports!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, I am.

bccran
    Participant

Hope you get a chance to see Thomas pitch.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Assuming the market knows Walker and Winn are off limits, Tink Hence will likely be the 1st name out of other GM’s mouths in trade talks this off-season.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Hence is the most off limits for me due tô lack of other high ceiling pitching prospects

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Before the game, I asked Antico about his power, so I am taking credit for the long ball.
    😉

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Four Cardinals, as I predicted. Walker, Winn, Thomas and Hence. Strong showing.

bccran
    Participant

Hasn’t Pages also been added?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Haven’t seen that, bccran. What is your source?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Sorry, Brian. It was the wrong Pages that someone passed along. They made a mistake. They saw Pages and thought it was a Cardinal. It was actually Andy Pages.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Funny you should mention Pedro. For some reason, in two different stadiums so far, they are pronouncing his name backwards – PAY-haas instead of PAH-hays.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Good at bat by Walker. Gets behind on the count 0-2 and takes 4 straight balls without biting. Nice plate discipline.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Congrats to those four guys

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Loutos hás pitched like an all star since opening with a couple of bad games

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Loutos hás pitched like an all star

He has, and he has some swing and miss, which I understand Mo is looking for. It would be something to see a Division 3 guy make it to the show. Hopefully he can spend most of next year in AAA, but my hunch he will be up fairly early once guys start hitting the IL or peppering the backstop.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We like our 6-12 guy with 5.47 ERA and 1.570 WHIP better than our 12-4 guy with 4.31 ERA and 1.172 WHIP.

Meanwhile, there is a good chance we will hit opening day with a rotation consisting of zero guys drafted and developed in house. We’ll see what happens I guess.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We like our 6-12 guy with 5.47 ERA and 1.570 WHIP better than our 12-4 guy with 4.31 ERA and 1.172 WHIP.

I realize that there’s very little chance to convince you otherwise, but Parsons’ 2022 was entirely smoke and mirrors. His previous two full year ERAs were over 5, and had he not run an insanely low batting average on balls in play (his .200 mark is about 15% lower than the MLB best mark this year for any pitcher), he would have been in the same position with Memphis. I’m glad he had a solid year, but there’s a much greater chance that those two switch positions next year in the stat line than that they remain in the same place.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years