2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2027 TCN Community Top Prospect Voting Thread

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #320484
    forsch31
    Participant

    Free

    This year is a very tough year to rank the prospects. There are good arguments for Doyle, Bernal, Franklin and Mathews, as well as others.

    #2 – Josh Baez

    #320485
    Nigel T
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Sorry to miss Rainiel at 1. He is the best hitter I have ever watched at AA.The closest player would be Matt Adams. The two reminded me of the period where you could not throw Barry Bonds a strike without it being crushed. Adams great AA season saw twenty line drives caught on the run at the track. He simply flied out maybe three tomes all year.
    Watching Rainiel rip line drives down the line foul on anything close to the zone inside was a thrill ride in and of itself.
    At two I can only pick Joshua Baez. I would be shocked if he doesn’t hit 30 HR for the big club next year.
    The Bernal we saw late was Ted Simmonsesque, and that is close to reality. I believe in Quinn, Liam, Cooper, and Franklin, but Joshua Baez has already arrived;his potential is now becoming concrete…like his future statue out front of the stadium.

    #320488
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Nigel I noticed you didn’t say a single word about anybody’s defense. I think we can count Baez as a liability since he was routinely pulled late for a defensive replacement. Whether he will improve like Walker did, i don’t know. I’m guessing his makeup is different. I give Rainiel the benefit of the doubt since i haven’t seen him behind the plate. And besides, i’m too old to step in front of that hype train.

    #320571
    stlcard25
    Participant

    It’s the final stretch for voting for the #2 prospect…and things are very close! Any of three different guys could feasibly take the spot. If nothing changes, the tiebreaker will have to to go our “first in” choice. It would be good to not have to go that route, so let’s get some more votes!

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years