2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2026 Wild Card and Division Series thread

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #319994
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Those Yankees strike first as Garcia touches up Gray with a solo tater to lead off the home half on the 4th inning at Yankee Stadium to take a 1-0 lead over the Red Sox as the game heads to the visitor half of the 5th.

    #319995
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Although he’s yet to lead them to the promised land, at well over 1300 games on the proverbial top step, Boone’s done a nice job with a .583 W/L pct. as the NY Yankee manager. Whenever I see him, I harken back to the only foul ball that I was ever able to snag which came off the bat of his older brother Bret when he played for the Reds in the mid 90’s. I got a standing O (I really did) when I squeezed that precious baseball with one bare hand to complete the play for the coveted souvenir over on the 3B side of the field box seats at Busch Memorial Stadium during a weekday afternoon businessman’s special promotion game. Some of you are probably weary of hearing that story but I’m going to keep telling it because, well…I’m proud of that danged old baseball…Haha!

    Edit…I was going to perform a curtain call and tip my cap, but was never one to covet the limelight…

    #319997
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    You’d think the Res Sox could score a run once in awhile, although I don’t care much who wins.

    2-0 Yankees.

    #319999
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Contreras taters up with a 2 out, solo HR in the visitor half of the 6th to cut the Yankee lead in half at 2-1.

    #320000
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Yeah, mudville, the Red Sox had better get up on their horse and ride or they’ll be limping all the way back to Boston with a loss tonight in NY.

    #320001
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Not too many baseball fans around for these WC games. Everyone must be watching ABC Monday Night, err uhh…Wednesday Night Football with Howard, Frank and Dandy Don

    #320002
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Looks like the Yankees want this one as they tack on a run to extend their lead to 3-1 and have baserunners situated at 1B and 2B with 0 outs. Boston’s in a world of it.

    #320004
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Uh oh…The sac-bunt attempt goes for a base hit to jam up the bases with nobody out. The pain intensifies for Boston.

    #320005
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    And Wells makes it 4-1 with the sac-fly RBI. He looks a little like Munson.

    #320006
    858booyah
    Participant

    Free

    Good old Eric Fedde got the last out for the white sox first playoff series win in 21 years.

    #320007
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Party’s over…8-1 Yankees.

    #320008
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    He worked the 8th and 9th and recorded the last 6 outs, booyah.

    #320009
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    If the Yankees can maintain tonight’s level of intensity into the next round, the Rays will really have their hands full.

    #320010
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    This one’s in the books. I guess I’ll mosey on out to SD and watch the Padres trounce…err…uhh, play the Cubs.

    #320012
    mudville
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    See you there, 1td.

    #320013
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Padres placing the Cubbies in peril with baserunners at 2B and 3B with 0 outs and Bogaerts standing in in the home half of the 2nd in SD.

    #320014
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    And Bogaerts delivers the RBI base hit to push across the first run of the game and lift the Padres to a 1-0 lead with runners at the corners and Salas standing in.

    #320015
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Salas delivers the RBI sac fly to RF to extend the Padre lead to 2-0.

Viewing 18 posts - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years