2023 StL Game #61: Monday, June 5 at Rangers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #61: Monday, June 5 at Rangers

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

First guy I have ever heard of named Leody.

1982 willie
    Participant

I don’t really understand dejong trying to steal second. Some stupid decisions. If we go extras, he will get second automatically though.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I backed the baserunning play up and I can’t tell what Warner was relaying to Edman, but it didn’t look like Eddie was watching him. Probably too focused on not running past Gorman.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nado with the blatant, Das Boot.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Would have been nice to have not given DeJong guaranteed money, and used some of that to sign Seager.

Ooo – now a miscue by Arenado.

1982 willie
    Participant

Arenados defense has not been good this year. That should have been caught. The foul ball earlier I believe was on dejong cause it should be short stops ball but not here.

1982 willie
    Participant

I wanted seager but people didn’t want to spend that money.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well surprise the walk scores with help of an error. This ranger team hits the ball too well, can’t give them free stuff be it walks or errors.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow …

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

And there is your ballgame. Somehow you knew we would find a way to lose it. Just how this club is going this year. We just do not do the little things to win. Tonight it was the base running blunder by Edman and the misplayed pop up by Arenado.

We might be 13 games under by the time we leave the DFW area. When was the last time we were 13 under, 1990 maybe?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I was all on board with signing Seager, but not for the contract he got. If it would have been shorter would have agreed with the AAV. His health will be huge to if that contract is a mess. He’s already spent quite some time on the IL.

Nathaniel Lowe reminds me of Mark Teixeira.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

No surprise other than it took them until the 9th to finish them off. Bad teams find ways to lose and good teams take advantage of bad teams.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

They go from “shoulda been up by 1” to getting walked off by giving up a BB and 2 hits that should’na been hits. That’s how the Cards do it — the new Cardinal Way as ushered in by MoBill and OliMo.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Seager has had injury issues. deGrom as well – the Rangers accepted a lot of risk signing those two.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope everybody realizes if we would not have committed that baserunning blunder the ball that Contreras hit would probably have made it into CF and two runs would have scored.

And Nado F’s up a pop fly. Tough play but he should have caught it.

If it’s not one thing it’s another with this team. It’s just bad baseball.

Marmol has to be feeling the heat. Big time.

r/Esteemed Rat

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

This team now seems to have deteriorted to the type of ballclub that walks out on to the field of play with the gut feeling that they’ll lose. Every game.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

There would have only been 1 out and Nado would have probably scored from 3B on the GB out, Rats.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Without the shift that’s a GIDP. Then that throw home by Donovan in LF was pathetic. Chalk that up to not having a real outfielder out there.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Cardinals were at 14 under .500 on May 6th of this season, Bikemike. Sad, but true.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I think that is it – it has gotten to the point of where the club is beat before they take the field. It reminds me of the 2004 World Series. There was something wrong in that series where our club became uptight, and instead of playing loose and confident they were timid – afraid they might make a mistake.

This team looks that way. Might be a reflection of the manager – timid and not showing an attitude of confidence.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’d like someone to explain to me how that weak little pop-up behind 3B wasn’t an E-5.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d like someone to explain to me how that weak little pop-up behind 3B wasn’t an E-5.

The same way as Walker’s grounder that hit the shortstop in the glove yesterday wasn’t an E-6.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Saw something pitiable a few nites ago at the Cubs at San Diego game (on tv). It was Gay Pride day and SD was wearing the most ridiculous rainbow tutti-fruity costume you ever saw. Matt Carpenter looked a fool in that get-up. How do they get the players to do it?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, it’s bad all over, Bling. That baseball gently floated down from the sky until it hit the web of his oven mitt and he dropped it.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, at least during the post-game presser the Cardinal manager didn’t say anything about this loss building character and helping the team in September…Hey, it’s a start!

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.