2023 Payroll

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 Payroll

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here are the relevant dates. The big money comes at six-plus years of MLB service – free agency. Up through three years of service, players make close to minimum salary. Years four through six, salaries ramp up via arbitration eligibility based on how well the player performs.

So, lets say Winn debuts to open 2024. 2024-2026, he makes relatively little. 2027-2029 he is arb eligible. 2030 he can become a free agent.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

He won’t become a free agent unless he sticks around in the Big Leagues for awhile. He’s got a ways to go before he steps into a Big League box for the first time. No reason to rush him. The Redbirds clearly have the best IF in the NL with Nado, Eddie, Donnie and Goldy running clockwise around the diamond.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of payroll I contacted Derrick Goold about the discrepancy between his reporting of the Arenado contract and what Cots’, Roster Resource, and Spotrac had. He suggested I contact Cot’s and ask them myself or have them share why they had it listed that way. I did contact Cot’s and provided them with the information from Goold and they wrote me back thanking me for the information and they changed the Cardinal payroll listing on their website, which currently now sits at $165M.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uS_J7qzwC2fVwivvKFaE34pwGtVKpQn7cFf95hst-Cs/edit#gid=1520401900

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good messenger work, gscottar. Glad they accepted your documentation, but I wonder why the source just didn’t contact them himself… Oh, well, the result is what matters…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really don’t know how these payroll reporting sites get their information. Some front offices may be more willing to share than others, I really don’t know.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years