2022 Wild Card Series Game 1 thread – Friday, October 7 vs. Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Wild Card Series Game 1 thread – Friday, October 7 vs. Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Where did I put my Rolaids?

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I had a feeling that we went to Gallegos and Helsley too early.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I bet that was a little sweet revenge for Sosa.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Marmol, SMH. Why were your middle infielders playing in when you need a double play. Segura hit a tailor made double play ball. Wow. Made a great move earlier with the PH but this ninth inning has turned into a cluster.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Forsch but we still got DeJong for SS.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

That throw to home was questionable.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pallante doing his job but defensive positioning and situations are killing the Cardinals.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Their work is cut out for them now. This is a devastating turn.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

OMG and now the all world Arenado can’t field a ground ball. What the heck happened here.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Then Arenado can’t make the play.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Gallegos hadn’t folded again, things would have even different.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The whole team has just collapsed. Marmol looks dumbfounded, but he started the dominos.

The free pass beat the Cards in the wild card last year and it’s happened again today. Pitchers who can’t get it across the plate in those situations kill you most of the time.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Maybe mudville but this has been an epic collapse. Epic.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bullpen guys can make the manager look smart or dumb. Let’s face it the bullpen melted down.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Killed by walks and scratch hits.

grayssportsalmanac
    Participant

Free

Can we please be done with maddux- and marmol 👋 also eff this whole year

Steve60
    Participant

Free

For a team implode like this when it really matters is depressing! But we can still win this series! Our bullpen MUST stop walking people with small leads! We have done it all year and it just leads to disasters like today

Steve60
    Participant

Free

And now we have Dejong up really needing a hit! Ow that is quality maneuvering

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Feel kind of bad for Pez. He hit a game winning HR.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bullpen guys can make the manager look smart or dumb. Let’s face it the bullpen melted down.

True, but it seems fair to 2nd guess Q being pulled at his pitch count. Or Gio too. I felt like Hicks might very well come in and walk a couple to blow up the good start. Luckily he didn’t, but it turns out to be Helsley. The dominos of the bullpen didn’t have to start falling as soon as they did. Obviously, Helsley was not ready for multiple innings in a high pressure playoff game, or his finger was bothering him. Was bad to see him careen completely off the rails. Makes you wonder about the remaining games for him.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Having Gallegos start the 7th started the dominos. He doesn’t pitch multiple innings too often but he didn’t look like he needed to come out of the game when Marmol removed him. Then knowing he needed 1.2 IP out of Helsley, who is dealing with a finger jamb on his pitching hand.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That’s not good for us. Playoffs is not about who won the division. It’s about whos playing the best ball right now. Do better tomorrow. Go Cardinals!

Oliver
    Participant

Free

At least Gorman didn’t k

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They rarely let Q face a lineup three times in the regular season so I am not surprised they didn’t today either. Q did his job. The bullpen didn’t.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I didn’t realize that Quintana had only thrown 75 pitches when he came out. That makes me question Marmol’s decisions even more. If we were able to get 6 IP out of Quintana, we had Hicks, Gallegos and Helsley for the 7th, 8th and 9th.

Now we need to re-group and win the next 2.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.