2022 MLB draft

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 MLB draft

Viewing 20 posts - 226 through 245 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Gavin Van Kempen will be honoring his commitment to WVU and not accept the Cardinals offer per a tweet I can’t seem to embed in this forum.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Thanks, Stlcard25! Don’t know why it wouldn’t take my post! Guess I am doing something wrong.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No problem. If you go to the embed tweet link and then copy the link under “What would you like to embed?” then just paste the link and nothing else in the post. It should automatically embed.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Tried that. Maybe I have to disable my VPN when doing that. I will try that next time. Thanks!

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I think I have the embedding thing figured out now!

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I don’t often push subscriber-only content on the free board, but we are very proud of this annual piece. If you were thinking of joining, now just might be the time!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For the last couple of years the Cardinal system has been a bit top heavy with position players. Now we have 6 out of the top 10 players being pitchers, 6 1/2 considering how you view Winn’s future. Of course, we don’t how many of these guys will still be around after 5pm on Tuesday.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t read the whole piece yet, but at a glance I like the ranking a lot. I wouldn’t change any of it, although I could see LJ Jones added as an HM, and we might have to again find a spot in the Top 50 for Delvin Perez by the end of the season.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just a heads up, I got justifiably crabbed at once for saying too much about an article behind the pay wall. Not an article promoted on an open forum though.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am excited to see the 4 pitchers drafted in the first 10 rounds, Hjerpe, Mautz, Hansen, and Rajcic. Unusually, none pitched in the minors after being drafted. Since they came from the collegiate ranks they may get to, or start at Peoria next year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rotation spots should be tight at both levels of Class-A to open 2023. If for no reason other than numbers, some may start at Palm Beach.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Most of those four moved up in Brian’s monthly or so rankings from July to the end of the season without throwing a pitch. Maybe they should sit it out and hope it happens again. :-]

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Using a nautical example, like “a rising tide lifts all boats”, so will sinking boats raise the level of others slightly.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In addition to the 4 pitchers I mentioned above, Love, Hence, Paniaugua, Baker, Mills, and Dominguez among many fighting for 10 rotation spots. Although, next season might be a year for a piggyback, or partial piggyback system.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It seemed very odd that many 2022 drafted pitchers didn’t throw a professional pitch in 2022.Was it because of college workload?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Multiple factors including at least a month off between the end of the college season and the draft (because the draft is in July rather than June). Concern about multiple stops and starts.

An exception last year was Graceffo, who went straight from Villanova to summer ball then to Palm Beach without much of a break. On the other hand, McGreevy began in the FCL and threw just an inning at a time even after joining PB. In 2022, the most valuable of the newly-drafted pitchers just threw bullpens and some live BPs in August and went home for the winter.

bccran
    Participant

Any idea where Hjerpe and Mautz will begin the season? Maybe Peoria?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I imagine it will depend on how they look in camp.

Viewing 20 posts - 226 through 245 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.