2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Redbird perched around all the bases- Donovan up!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I would’ve died of natural causes before guessing Iorg. I watched all the games intently, but just would’ve never remembered him doing that. As for the 20-game winners, I went with Dobson because I didn’t think any of the others were ever in the Cards org (1964 was before I knew MLB existed). Dobson I couldn’t remember, so I was pretty sure I was right! Learned something.

Now Edman & Noot walk to load the bases with one out in the 7th. Carlson singled to get it started. Maybe ……. ?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Granny for Donovan!!! That’s the way to break out!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Donovan with the grand salami! Cards up 5-3. Wow, I didn’t know you could do that.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

HaHa! Donnie with the wholesale GS run production!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

At last!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Nope, not surprised. That Donovan is a ballplayer.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Who knows what’s going to happen. After winning 17 in a row last year maybe we are going to lose 17 in a row this year.

UPDATE: WAIT??? Donovan a grand dinger and we lead 5-3???

Oh well, it’s not over yet. I am getting ready to watch the Brewers soundly thrash the Reds.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I hope that slam gets the bats to relax and get to hitting again.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

If MIL can thrash Greene, they’ve done well.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…I also was stumped one time by the Cuellar question. A little before my time in ’64, but I had numerous trading cards of Cuellar in the late 60’s and early 70’s, so I was a little frustrated at not knowing that one…Haha! I answered the Iorg one correctly one time, but needed the ’85 hint. That Iorg era was also in my mid to late 20’s heyday prime…Haha!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Here is a simple trivia question for everyone. Who is the only person to ever hit a ball out of the old Busch Stadium? Should be easy.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

The big reason I knew Cuellar was a Cardinal was because I was doing research for the all-time Cardinals draft last year. I was surprised by him being a Cardinal. Always liked the 4 20-game winners for the Orioles

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Rats, I believe it was either Laga or Jorgensen.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ah, that makes sense forsch. I read that thread some but don’t recall anybody drafting him.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That sequence with Donovans Blam Slam was classic. Relief pitcher 3 straight balls. Donovan takes 4 th pitch center zone strike. Pitcher trys it again and Donovans got the green light. Bye-bye birdie! Love it!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha!…Easy…Mike Laga. Couldn’t straighten it out though. I know Dick Allen came close to a HR hit out one time, and I saw Schmidt pull a HR down the LF line that landed not too far below the pre-formed concrete arches of the stadium.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Euro, 25 selected Cuellar. I had to look at the playoffs thread to see who might have drafted him.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Ratsbuddy…Haha! I’m happy to see that you still think the Redbirds have a chance! You had me worried for a while…You think it’s okay for me to order any post-season tickets, or should I wait?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Uh oh.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

What HOF pitcher attacked the catcher Roseboro with his bat, hitting him twice in the head?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Anybody surprnised it’s Helsley in the 8th? And just as I typed that MM hit a HR. Score now 5-4.

I guess Marmol is thinking with the Pads heart of the order coming up, this is the high leverage inning. And maybe the plan is for Helsley to go 2 innings.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What’s the book on DeLuzio’s defense? He looks like he knows what he’s doing out there.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Who stole home in ’82?…Just funnin, but true story. Don’t know if they still let you, but at one time anyone could walk in during extras. I was riding around in the downtown area in the summer of ’82 listening to the Redbird/Giants game on the truck radio. Drove past Busch Memorial and snagged a lucky parking spot. Walked right in and sat down. Brummer steals home for the win.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

jj, I don’t know the answer to Roseboro but I do know that Nolan Ryan attacked Robin Ventura with his fists pretty well when Ventura charged the mound.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.