2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…I understand he’s a good OF’er and runs like a scalded dog.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I remember the headlock and uppercuts!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Helsley with 21 pitches to finish the 8th

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Nolan was 46 at the time. Sometimes the young ones bite off more than they can chew.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The answer to the Roseboro question is Juan Marichal.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Well done, it was Marichal.

Fyi, they eventually became good friends, enough so that Marichal was a pallbearers at Roseboros funeral.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

jjcfstl…Yeah, they did become friends. There was talk about felony assault charges for Marichal. I’m sure you’ve watched the old clips and he was swinging that bat wildly. Could’ve very well killed someone. He really lost his mind for a minute.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well just got in. Nice to see we have scored some runs today. Might even get a win.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice play by goldy. It’s a winner.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Great job Gallegos to get the win. Assist to Goldy. My confidence in Gallegos has really gone up recently. Seems like he is as reliable or more than Helsley now.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What a play by Goldy to end it! Winner!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Magic # 5!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It was nice to get a W under their belt and a little bit of momentum again. Let’s hope they play well in LA too.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy just snagged a rocket line drive at first base for last out.Its a winner! Balance has been restored in the Universe.
    Go Cardinals!

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Elite defense by Goldy.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

That GS was Donovan’s 100th career hit. He won’t forget it.

GO REDBIRDS!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to come home to a win. Maybe we pull out of the dive now.

Din din was a T bone and fixins at a nice place. We had a bottle of Prosecco Italian sparkling wine.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Jack Flaherty actually looked like Jack Flaherty today! Much better! For us to win it all this needs to be his first in a long run of dominant starts! If he could pitch like this in playoffs he and Jordan Montgomery will give us a chance! Waino worries me at this point and Mikolas is hit and miss! We need dominant Flaherty to be a real contender! Today was a decent step in that direction! Finally!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good win today going into the LAD series. Good to see Donovan and Nootbar breaking the ice. Agree with Hrabosky that Flaherty not “back” yet, needs two more solid starts, but good step forward today. Also, don’t know ‘bout y’all, but I’m impressed with Alexa Daat. Her interviews and post game analysis are excellent, IMHO.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Working in the office today and had a long meeting this afternoon, so missed the game and the banter here. Glad to get a win – Rats can climb down off the ledge.

Saw some talk on the Roseboro-Marichal incident from 1965. Ironically I chatted with my cousin about that a couple days ago as Maury Wills passed away in the last week. I was telling my cousin about meeting Wills at a local SABR event several years ago.

Some of us chatted with Wills for quite awhile before the formal festivities began. He talked about the Roseboro deal. He said Roseboro had a way of throwing the ball back to the pitcher, who happened to be Koufax in this game, where he would throw it real close to the batters head, almost grazing the batter with his throw. The Giants were complaining about it, but he kept doing it. Finally Marichal had enough and, well, you all know what happened.

Big win! Donovan has really been a nice additional to this club.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BikeMike…Yeah, I can see how the baseball buzzing the fuzz on one’s earlobe could be more than a little disconcerting.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee leading the Reds 4-1 after six. Hunter Greene not near as sharp tonight. Our old friend Kolten Wong is doing the damage as he has two two-run homers to account for all the Brewers runs.

Milwaukee might win out with their schedule. Heading to Dodger Stadium for the weekend is basically Doom City. As I’ve told everyone before, this race is going to the wire. Batten down the hatches!

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

But remember, two of those games the Brewers play are against our club. It might just work out that we will clinch on their field.

Wouldn’t it be something to clinch in Milwaukee, and in that game Pujols hits numbers 699 and 700.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Kolten Wong has now homered for a 3rd time tonight! Brewers lead the Reds 5-1 in the 8th. I wonder if he will get another atbat?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Matz now with two good relief outings.

Our 88 wins today are more than MIL will finish the season with.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.