2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Oliver…Yeah, bad thing about it was that he was placed on 1B to PR and it was a RHP with a move to 1B that was so-so.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…No, neither one is correct. McGee had 6 hits, but I think most people would guess Porter who was WS MVP and had 8 hits, or Hernandez who had 7 hits and led all other Redbirds with 8 RBI’s. At the time, I thought Keith should have been named WS MVP. On the second one, the correct answer is a guy who was actually a member of the ’64 Cardinals, but never worked in that year’s WS.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Not much chance of victory today! Put starter hasn’t won a game all year and is a shell of his former self! We need at least 6 runs to be competitive today! At least Dejong is not in the lineup! I think they should bring up the SS Mason Winn and just see what he could do! No way you can put Dejong on a playoff roster! Total waste of space!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Steve60…I agree. Is Winn the only guy they got down there?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

A hint to baseball trivia question number 1…The player who is the correct answer had just 1 hit in the 1985 WS, but it was a big one…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Oliver…No, Porter’s not the guy. Darrell finished up that WS with “just” 8 hits and a WS MVP award.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, it’s almost first pitch. If the correct answers aren’t submitted by this elite squad of experts in a bit, I’ll end the manic anxiety and anticipation with the answers in a minute or two…

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe we got the pool noodles out of the bat rack. We will see.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, after the Edman whif I meant.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The answer to question # 1 is Dane Iorg, who not only had 9 hits, but also led both ’82 WS teams with a scathing .529 BA. Interestingly enough, he also had only 1 hit in the 1985 WS. That solitary PH base-hit pushed across the tying and winning run for KC in the infamous game 6 of the 1985 WS…

The answer to question #2 is Mike Cuellar, who posted a W/L record of 20-9 for the 1971 Orioles. He went 5-5 as a pitcher for the 1964 WS Championship Cardinals, but never made an appearance in that year’s WS.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And after the Donovan dribbler to the pitcher. My grand daughter hits better than that. She’s 5.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Another inning another 0

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, at least Goldy beats out an infield hit. There we go.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Heading out to din din. Good luck.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

but 2 hits that’s an improvement

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, Profar gave a pretty good demonstration on how to push a quick run across HP. Let’s hope the Cardinals were paying attention.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Here’s a trivia question for everyone……When, or IF, will the Redbirds score another run this season?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Ratsbuddy…I make a concerted effort to at least allow a decent chance at the correct answer for our panel of experts. Your question is not unlike asking precisely how the universe was formed…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chip, chip, chip. The Pads make it 2-0 as they capitalize on the Cards mistakes. St Louis has stranded two in each of the first two innings.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Lucky to get past that inning with 1 run allowed. Knizner had no chance to get a tag down and I was afraid the two baserunners moving over to 2nd and 3rd was going to be pricey.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Musgrove is not sharp…they should score this inning

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Flaherty continues to look un-ace-like.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Dickerson got hot for awhile and got his average up. But he’s fizzled out now and probably shouldn’t be hitting 3rd. Too bad Gorman does nothing but strike out.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Where are we now in innings without a run? The 1906 A’s and the 1968 Cubs each went scoreless in 48 consecutive innings.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

It concerns me that as we are supposedly getting ready for a playoff run we continue to put people like Dejong and Burleson in the lineup! We need to at least try and have 9 above 200 hitters! Burleson won’t play in playoffs so why play him now! I don’t love Carlson but he is better option especially in the field and he actually hits like 235 which ain’t good but is 70 points above Burleson!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years