2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 151 thread – Thursday, Sept. 22 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, I think Goldy is hitting third today.

As for Dickerson he padded his stats by hitting .684 at Wrigley this year. Not so good elsewhere.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

That guy who snagged that foul ball with his glove was at least 40. Doesn’t count…

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

The answer to question # 1 is Dane Iorg, who not only had 9 hits, but also led both ’82 WS teams with a scathing .529 BA.

OMG! I hate I did not remember that as Dane was a hero of mine right up there with Ozzie, plus we share birthdays! May 11th, 1950 imogi

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Oliver
    Participant

Free

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Oliver…Only 18 to go. Might as well eclipse the record before Oct.7. It’s looking like they can do this…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If not for the 10th inning near freebie, what would our scoreless streak be now? Would have to be over 40, right?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nootz taters-up and puts the record out of reach!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well there it is Nooty dinger! Dickerson not getting it done- has had 2 rbi opportunity dud. Got the wrong guy today behind Nado.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know it’s greedy…but I would really like multiple runs this game. Lol

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Anyone ever see a real funny or clever phrase printed on a T-shirt at a game? I saw what is my all-time favorite on a well fitting T-Shirt worn at game 3 of the ’06 NLCS by one of the most attractive young ladies I’ve ever seen at a ballgame.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

There ain’t enough chickens to be counted yet…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I’m ok with an extended look at Burleson. We are at a point in the season where we can afford to play him.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Still early Stl25- who knows we might even win it!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy got a greased glove today. Can’t hit one in the air either. Flaherty throwing batting practice. But we got a run!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

On top of the pitiful offense, it seems like Arenado’s defensive play has been a little loose lately, in spite of the remarkable play 2 or 3 games ago. How does a team just lose it all of a sudden like they have? Cards better get it together soon.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

In game 2 of the ’06 NLCS at Shea Stadium, our old friend So Taguchi ripped a lead-off PH 9th inning HR off of Mets closer Billy Wagner to break up a hotly contested 6-6 tie ballgame in which the Redbirds would go on to win by a score of 9-6 to tie that series at 1 game apiece before heading to St. Louis for game 3. I attended game 3 at Busch Stadium and as my son and I were walking to the gate, I happened to see an exteremely attractive and buxom young lady who was wearing a close fitting T-Shirt with the words, “KISS MY TAGUCHI” strategically printed across her chest…It was NICE!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I sure thought he got that one. When it only went to the track, for a second, I thought it was Jack Murphy Stadium…

forsch31
    Participant

Free

1TD, just got on here hoping to get the trivia and you already gave the answer. Oh well, I knew Cuellar but would not have Iorg. I liked him as a player. He always seemed like an underdog. Someone you never thought would do much but always seemed to perform.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Danny M. says he thinks Matz can be a “huge” weapon down the stretch. I’m not convinced.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty finished off decently. Now can the offense get anything going?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Forsch31…I kind of thought someone would get Iorg before Cuellar since he was more recent. I even gave a hint that the correct answer also had a big hit in the ’85 series…Haha! At any rate, I’ll leave them on there a little longer next time.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Carlson comes in off the bench and decides he wants to play

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Turn him around.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Martinez can’t find cell phone reception

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years