2022 Cardinals MLB Game 118 thread – Friday, August 19 at Arizona

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 118 thread – Friday, August 19 at Arizona

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Thanks. His vs lefties has always helped carry his overall numbers. Now he’s averag-ish vs both? Helps explain him batting 9th.
    An average bat up the middle with plus D and baserunning isn’t the worst thing on a roster 😀

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

BB I won’t doubt you again

today.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Carlson, O’Neill, Goldy, Arenado, Pujols, Edman,DeJong, Molina,Nootbaar

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    2. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    6. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Just saw Helsley off roster (a leave) and JoJo Romeo added. Just got a glance of it.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Helsley paternity leave
    Romeo added
    Yepez assigned to Memphis
    Mlb.com

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks. His vs lefties has always helped carry his overall numbers. Now he’s averag-ish vs both? Helps explain him batting 9th.
    An average bat up the middle with plus D and baserunning isn’t the worst thing on a roster 😀

I think it’s best to value Edman as a little below average bat with a plus glove. If Gorman keeps making strides and Winn comes on strong next year, and someone saw Edman as a 5 WAR guy in a trade…you’d have to consider it.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Gorman keeps making strides and Winn comes on strong next year, and someone saw Edman as a 5 WAR guy in a trade…you’d have to consider it.

It is a mistake to leave Donovan out of the equation. .292/.403/.381/.784, 17% K rate, hits righties and lefties. Very respectable glove anywhere. We don’t know what the roster will look like by next year.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well got my 4 month old grandson on his 4 month birthday so may not get to watch tonight. Wait n see when he settles down, may get to see some.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is a mistake to leave Donovan out of the equation. .292/.403/.381/.784, 17% K rate, hits righties and lefties. Very respectable glove anywhere. We don’t know what the roster will look like by next year.

I’m not leaving him out of the equation…I think he’s sort of a reverse Edman. He’s not a great glove but he’s a solid hitter with a great approach. I think Gorman and Winn plus Donovan could be better than Edman, Gorman, Dejong and Donovan overall. Hopefully a good issue to have.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Invariably when the Redbirds play the DBacks I think of a fishing trip years ago on the Sabine River while visiting a good friend who lived near Shreveport, La. We were adrift and working the bank after a short period of light rain when his neighbor, during a cast, snagged in some overhanging branches of a cluster of small trees which hovered above the boat. He instinctively yanked the line in an attempt to free up his line and crankbait and instantly shook a very unhappy 3ft. pitch black water moccassin whose midsection was the size of my wrist into the middle of the relatively small boat. If one of us would have been in possession of a firearm the boat would have took on water, but the ugly viper thankfully slithered over the edge of the vessel, took to the water and swam away. His neighbor cut his line and we all three went and got a beer…or two. In any event, why in the world would a baseball team want to be know as an ugly, venomous snake?

wagee12
    Participant

LOL, gotta love the negatron on the first page. Downs Molina, downs the Cards and apparently is not a happy camper period. Great example of a glass is half empty fan. LOL

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope we score some runs this series with Helsley out.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At least we should get a chance to see what we got for Sosa.

Did din is homemade chicken pot pie and ceasar salad.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Edman is not below average in any area of baseball.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

He is not a good hitter. He is below average.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Din-din? Pan fried wings with dumpling noodles and gravy, sweet peas, and a tall glass of iced tea loaded with lemon. My supervisor/wife annoys me sometimes, but I don’t know what I’d do without her…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Romeo Romeo…..where art thou Romeo? Not exactly a question that we need to pose to Skippy and all of the fine folks over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau, but none the less something that we Redbird fans are anxious to see. Love Bling’s 1-2 din-din punch of a chicken pot pie and Caesar salad. I stepped up to the plate on this fine Friday evening with broiled cod, waffle fries, baked beans drenched in apple vinegar and 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies. I haven’t seen Wooster or Cardinals27’s din-din delights yet. And our talented rookie(TD) weighed in with a dandy din-din…….is there anything that TD can’t do?? I’m calling tonight’s game 7-4 Birds with Yadi belting a tater.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Edman is a career 100 ops+ and a 99 this season. If that isn’t average what is?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Man alive, our boy Eddie’s taking on some less than “average” PR coverage on here tonight…Maybe he’ll feature a nice game and some of that will reverse course.

GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I hope Mikolas can ride this game to a W without wearing that cowboy hat. He bounced back pretty good in his last turn after getting touched up a little bit out in Colo.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson whacks it 410 feet to lead off the game…. unfortunately it’s 413 feet to dead center.

Goldy drills one deep to left……oh my golly that’s one majestic dinger….#30 for Goldy. Then Arenado smokes a double into the left field corner. Albert on 3-2 strikes out swinging to retire the side.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy promptly puts the Redbirds up 1-0 with a no-doubter.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

MVP +

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Redbirds put plenty of barrel on the baseball in that first half inning. I really like our chances with Henry.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.