2022 Cardinals MLB Game 118 thread – Friday, August 19 at Arizona

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 118 thread – Friday, August 19 at Arizona

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Must be plenty of Cards fans there. Choral sound of N-o-o-o-o-t was easy to hear when he caught the 2nd out of the 1st inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Rojas kid……you have to wonder if he inhabits the same family tree as Cookie? Octavio Victor “Cookie” Rojas Rivas……what a nice little 2nd baseman Cookie was.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Yep, it’s really catching on. Heck, they’re beginning to do that in Australia…Everyone likes Nootz!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pugs…You must be a mind reader. I immediately looked it up after seeing the lineup and no, they’re not related. But hey, I think eveyone would agree that “Cookie Rojas” is a great baseball name. There’s plenty of others, but Cookie’s right there at the top of the heap!

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Dejong back to his old self again! Man I hope we don’t have him next year! It’s just ridiculous to keep running him out there!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

And why not, 1td? It’s very relaxing to let out a big NOOOOOT, especially while enjoying a game with your favorite beverage. Kind of like a cleansing exhale that a stress management therapist encourages you to take for relaxation. I bet it lowers your blood pressure by 10 or 20 points on the mercury reading.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Thinking of Cookie made me think of little Freddie Patek. Anyone remember him? He had a huge ALCS vs. the Yankees in both ’76 and ’77. He was 5 ft. 5…

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Man if we had Patel we would be so much better! I loved that guy! So did the white rat!

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Patek I mean

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Haha! It certianly is! I do it all the time. The wife says I’ve been “amazing” as of late…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’m old enough that I easily remember seeing Cookie and Patek play.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, Steve & TD. Cookie & Freddy made quite the combo up the middle for K.C. Every blue moon, Freddy could indeed pop you a long one….. there’s another great baseball name for you, TD…..Blue Moon Odom….. Moonlight Graham too.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

It has to be a little tough for Dback fans to see Goldy pick that hot smash on that play at 1B after ripping that tater in the 1st.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Still 1-0 Birds after 3 complete. Mikolas at 37 pitches.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I love watching Goldy pick those oncoming missiles in his side pocket like he’s equipped with a laser tracking device. It’s routine for him.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Saw plenty of Odom, but couldn’t recall Moonlight. Looked him up and found that he was a minute or two before I served my apprenticeship..

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I wonder if Moon Unit Zappa played a little ball in her younger days? If not, she might’ve sang about baseball.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…I was made aware that she once played for the Inca Road Zombie Woofs…When she hit the baseball, it took off like something round with a motor…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I just knew it

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

Paul Dejong is terrible, who is the back up short stop? They definitely need a short stop who can hit the ball!!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I imagine Steve hasn’t changed his mind about DeJong after that last AB. Mikolas just lost the no-no after retiring the first 11. He’s doing great pitching to contact so far.

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

He is, but I’m getting tired of watching dejong strike out.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Dandy, my opinion about Dejong will never change! I have watching baseball for 50 Years plus and have never seen someone given more chances than this guy! And every time he proves he can’t do it, but still he plays! Why? Maybe he is dating Mo’s daughter?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yadi with the TOOTBLAN on a single by Carlson. Was gunned down trying to make it to 3B from 1B. I’m not sure what Yadi was doing, but you don’t call that running. Carlson move to 2B on the throw, but 2 outs now in the 5th.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We should definitely have more than one run on the board. Too many missed opportunities. This game has a bad feel to it.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.