2022 Cardinals MLB Game 118 thread – Friday, August 19 at Arizona

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 118 thread – Friday, August 19 at Arizona

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nice work by Mikolas protecting the 1 run lead thru 5. Maybe the Redbirds can reward him with some runs in the visitor half of the 6th. Sure got the right guys stepping in this inning.

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

Yadi is too old and worn out to be trying for 3rd,dumb move

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Steve, I also think PDJ has shown us who he is by now. Occasional good streak, but not reliable at all over the course of a season. Mo has certainly made a few dubious “lock ’em up early” contract moves, but will double down until the end or he can pull off a trade. Amazing the sunk cost fallacy escapes many businessmen.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How many runners can we lose on the bases? Come on. We should be up 5-0 in this game.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

There was one out. I don’t feel it was a bad decision to try to reach 3B.

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

I couldn’t see arenado going for 2nd base on a line drive to right field, definitely some base running mistakes?

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Dejong now 0 for 15 with 10 k’s! And sadly he will probably be back out there tomorrow! Don’t we have a young phenom in our system? Winn maybe! Bring him up and see how he does! He could NOT do worse!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I thought Nado getting thown out at 2B with no outs was a bad decision. Molina at 3B with 1 out, not so much. Although, he’ll never earn the nickname, “Jetcalves”…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Caught a break at 3B.

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

Molina isn’t as fast or agile as he used to be

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

C’mon, TO. Push something across!

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

I couldn’t agree more, dejong is a liability in the batting order. I’m wondering when the young manager will figure that out???

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

No he didn’t, lol but he is very wise on the diamond

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy drives in another run with a bases loaded infield hit. Sure would be nice for Arenado to make this one comfortable.

And he does with a 2-run double. Cards up 4-0.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nado with the back breaker!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

4 for 4 and back at a .300 clip.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

AZ’s kicking it around.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A comedy of errors here by Arizona.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep 1td, we caught a break at 3B. Two breaks in fact. LFer got to the ball in time to catch it, although it was a tough play. But then all he had to do was make a decent throw to get Yadi, but it pulled the defender off the bag. If we didn’t get both those breaks, the Cards are still stuck at 1 run. Now another run scores on a passed ball. Score 5-0.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, that’s better. If the Redbirds hadn’t scored, I would have had a bad feeling about this game and the furniture would have been at risk. I actually moved my wife’s hand painted Spanish vase off of the end table…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Championships are not won without the willingness to occasionally sacrifice a piece of furniture or two. They are also not won without occasional pitching performances like the one Mikolas is delivering tonight.

Cdj3715
    Participant

Free

Another at bat. Another Dejunk strike out, go figure, almost a guaranteed K

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Haha! Yeah, I can sometimes glue the funiture. But that vase could quite possibly place me in divorce court. Incidentally, it’s not hand painted in Spain. I double checked the underside as I was moving it back from out of harms way and back on to the end table. It’s a PORTUGESE hand painted vase…I’m well aware of my limitations!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Golden sombrero. I bet DeJong is hoping not too many more Cards reach base so he doesn’t have to bat a 5th time.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1td, I’ve never done much to furniture, but I did give what I thought was a “light tap” on a house plant after my college basketball team blew a game in the last seconds. After the light tap, the plant somehow became dislodged from the potted soil, roots and all. This was years ago not too long after my wife and I married. The plant was one she brought into the marriage. She was not impressed with my self control, but we’re still together after 35 years.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.