2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies

Viewing 16 posts - 126 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow….. Brendan Rodgers just walked to open the Rockies 7th and he’s 4-4 in this game…..and I think Grichuk is 4-4 too……their batboy may even have a couple of hits in this one as everyone else in a Colorado uni has been very offensively minded in this ballgame……and lookie there…… McMahon just destroys a McFarland offering wayyy up into the right field bleachers……and the tale of the tape on that McMahon blast is very telling…..how does 495 amazing feet grab you for a feat? And now Grichuk whacks another single and he’s 5-5…..16-5 Colorado.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

All you can say is that all teams have nightmare games like this over the course of a season. I’d rather put one like this in the L column than to let a slim lead slip away late after a nice pitching performance by a member of the rotation. Lace ’em up tomorrow and press on.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 8. Dinelson Lamet on and in total mop-up mode for Colorado.

Nooty strikes out swinging.

DeJong strikes out and the ball squirts away from the catcher, but Paulie will be gunned down at 1st base for out #2.

Knizner dumps a short fly ball into center field for a base hit….his second on the evening.

Edman impersonates Knizner and deposits a base hit into center field in the same fashion and location as Knizner just did…..and look at Knizner getting frisky on the paths as he motors around to 3rd base .

Wild pitch sends Edman to 2nd base.

Carlson flies out routinely to Hilliard in left field.

Rockies 16
    Cards 5

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pugs…Ha Ha! Yeah, I could have swore I saw the bat boy lace one into the gap. I know it’s bad when I’m reduced to simply hoping we can keep them from putting 20 on the board.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice inspirational words to our boys, Tough Dominican…….we will most definitely gain revenge tomorrow evening…..that you can bank on.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Lamet still pitching for Colorado.

Gorman lines it to left where Hilliard backpedals and reaches high in the air to come down with the ball.

Dickerson lines out to Hilliard….who doesn’t have to exert quite as much energy as he just had to with Gorman’s liner. 2 out

Donovan flies out to Grichuk in center to mercifully draw this game to it’s unhappy conclusion.

Colorado Rockies 16
    St. Louis Cardinals 5

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

If there’s ever a high leverage situation in an upcoming ballgame that dictates handing the baseball to a lefty out of the BP, I’m not going to be overwhelmed with confidence.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope this is Mcfarlands last game with us. We have better options.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great din-dins by Cardinals27 and Rat ……..not many other din-dins put on the board tonight…a lot of Rockies runs put on the board though….and 22 hits.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

C27…Yeah, I don’t know how the Cardinals stay with him, but he’ll probably latch on somewhere. LHP’s who make a living out of the BP have a knack for finding work.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Watching the Padres/Giants game. Idk why we didn’t keep Garcia from last year. He signed with the Padres for 2 years, 7 million. We signed a lot of junky pitchers instead, which surely was more than 3.5 mill. Imagine our bullpen with his addition. Maybe he wanted to go out west.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Take care Redbird fans!

CardsFan333
    Participant

Free

Totally agree with you on this ZTR. Marmol has got to realize that during the season is not the time to try and figure things out for a pitcher. They had no problem sending Woody down, for no reason as he was pitching very well. Yet, all these other pitchers who struggle, he thinks they can work it out..Really!
    Hudson should go to AAA and find a rhythm, Naughton needs go to AAA and stay, McFarland needs to simply be let go.!
    ——————————————–

Mikolas, Quintana, Hudson for the series.

Would love to see Pallante swapped out for Hudson and then Woodford up and Hudson to Memphis while he gets back on track.

I think Hudson will come around but would rather see him work things out at AAA – if that is possible…don’t know of they can send him down without his permission at this point or not.

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I actually think they will bring up Woodford and maybe Thompson. OM needs to make some sort of move and get some fresh pitching in. Woody and Thompson have been doing very well in Memphis.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They will probably bring Libertore up before those guys because, just because.

CardsFan333
    Participant

Free

Libby is not consistent yet. He will be, but not now.

Viewing 16 posts - 126 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.