2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 109 thread – Tuesday, August 9 at Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pugs…Ha Ha! Sorry man, like I said. I got shell shock. I took a shower before Mikolas did.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cardinals setting records tonight fellas.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One Tough Dominican may have had the shortest PBP career in Cardinal Nation history, but his impact will not soon be forgotten. You were good, One Tough Dominican…….you were good, man.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, at least Mikolas set a record in something. Hopefully not too many fans paid money to witness this one.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pugs…Thanks man! I’m wounded…We still have enough frames left to pull this one out of the fire…One word, “youneverknow.”

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re a good dude, Tough Dominican…… you’re one of us now…..hope to see you posting for many years to come.

Hey the look on Cardinal In France’s face when he wakes up in the South of France in a few hours and sees this score, is not going to be pretty.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like we’re going to need Woodford and Thompson tomorrow.

1982 willie
    Participant

Pretty rough tonight. Fifth inning maybe we can get a couple of runs and just build on it even if we lose. Get some stuff going into tomorrow.

1982 willie
    Participant

Dejong puts us on the board.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

DeJong 2 run dinger! That’s the way!

1982 willie
    Participant

This guy they have pitching reminds me of Woodford a little bit though I haven’t seen Woodford in so long, I could be mistaken.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5.

Nooty walks…..and this is how these huge rallies start, gang. Just score 4 or 5 this inning and then we can get them.

DeJong belts a long one to left…….bombs away baby!!!! Paulie just hit that ball a mile in The Mile High City……that was your prototypical bomb…..12-2 and we’re closing the gap.

Knizner strikes out swinging and the ball zips on back to the backstop, but the catcher will quickly fetch it and throw it down to 1st base to complete the successful strike out…… Tommy Edman would not have been thrown out on that play…..and speaking of Tommy Edman….

Edman grounds out.

Carlson flies out to Blackmon in right.

Rockies 12
    Cards 2

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

An old fashioned butt kicking. Mikolas gave up a months worth of runs in a couple of innings.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Packy dispatches Colorado with relative ease in the 5th. Big big inning coming up…… realistically, we need to hit them with at least 3 runs in the 6th.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Sorry to bail on eveyone with the PBP in that 9 run home half of the 3rd, but it’s hard to type when I’m breaking furniture…

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Milwaukee winning late. They might record two losses for us tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6.

Gorman drills a deep shot to center….. Grichuk is on his high horse over towards left-center…and the ball clanks high up off the wall and Gorman will check into 2nd with a leadoff standup double. Boy Gorman didn’t miss a homer by much, matter of fact he’s been flirting with a homer this entire ballgame but has yet to accrue one.

Goldy strikes out.

Arenado smokes a line drive down the line in left and that one is in for extras….Gorman will score and Arenado will successfully slide into 2nd base with an RBI double. 12-3 Rocks now.

O’Neill lines a shot, but unfortunately right at Charlie Blackmon in right…..Tyler hit it right on the button once again.

Nooty walks and that will send Feltner to the pines.

Pitching change:

Jake “Big Bird” Bird the new Colorado hurler

DeJong….and Bird promptly plunks Paulie with his first pitch and that will cram the bases with Cards…….a Knizner granny here will significantly change the complexion of this ballgame.

Knizner lines it up the middle for a base hit!….. Gorman trots in with Arenado not far behind and suddenly it’s 12-5.

Edman dribbles a high chopper out towards 2nd base and no way in heck they’re going to get Tommy on a play like that …. infield single and the bases are juiced with Birds once again…..we have a ballgame.

Carlson strikes out swinging and ouch that stung!! That’s ok though …. we’re in this game now.

Rockies 12
    Cardinals 5

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wow. Looks like I picked a bad week to quit drinking.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Have to give the fellas a lot of credit for not packing it in.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Was one rip away from having a ballgame.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We sure do, Tough Dominican.

And Euro……go ahead and stop drinking next week….. there’s always next week

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cheers, Pugs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Back at you, Euro. Well we needed to hold the Rockies in check the rest of the way. But they hit us with 2 more runs in the 6th making it 14-5. Going to be rough now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 7. Bird still on the hill for Colorado.

Gorman strikes out swinging.

Goldy walks on 4 straight unstraight ones. Just 6 or 7 more of those this inning and we can start chirping it up again.

Arenado strikes out swinging for the downs…..oh Nolan wanted a piece of that Bird offering…..maybe next time big guy.

O’Neill flies out to Grichuk in short center field.

Rockies 14
    Cards 5

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

On a positive note, Matt Koperniak just hit for the cycle for Springfield tonight! High scoring game with SPG up 11-9 going into the bottom of the ninth!

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.