2022 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Sunday, August 7 vs. Yankees

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 108 thread – Sunday, August 7 vs. Yankees

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I look for Arenado to rip it up in Denver. He’s swinging it nicely at the moment and I expect him to ramp it up another notch or two vs. the Rockies. You never know…when they’re done playing 162 games, Nolan could very well be neck and neck with his fellow infield corner team mate over on the right side at 1B for NL MVP honors. He’s certainly capable of going on an extended rampage with both the bat and the nice glove.

GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, me too. Hey, I’m new on here. Are the game threads pretty active once the ballgame is underway? I was on the MLB.com forums for approx. 7 year before they shut them down. I sure do miss them.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1toughdominican

, the past game threads are still on the board if you scroll down and page down. Take a look.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey TD ( Tough Dominican ). Our game threads can be a blast at times. We’re looking for someone to join me in the PBP booth to call the visitor at bats. I’m getting a hunch that you’d be great. If interested, let us know.

Pugs

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Eddie hasn’t been getting the job done for a couple of weeks now, but I still like him at the top of the order. I’m hoping he’ll come around soon. You have to like his glove and his wheels, and in my estimation his overall baseball acumen is off the charts. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him make a mental mistake on the field of play. I also feel he’s above average in the batter’s box. At any rate, he has to improve his OBP and I think he will before too very long. Let’s hope so. GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hey Pugs…Thanks for the reply! Heck yeah, I’m interested! I’m just starting to try to navigate this thing, but I should be able to catch on before too long. I used to be on the Cardinal MLB.com game threads for virtually every Redbird ballgame. Were you ever on those? My call sign was Yadi06. At any rate, they were a lot of fun before they shut them down in 2018. Take care, man!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I did take a look. I just signed up so, it’ll take me a while to learn the ropes. I guess when the next Redbird game starts in Denver on Tues, someone starts a thread for that game? In any event, thanks for the reply, Bling!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Just saw Betts make a nice play in RF at Dodger Stadium. He’s pretty good…I’d almost swap out Nootz for Mookie…

GameCard
    Participant

Free

The Yankees left 32 on base today and their pitchers walked 8. That is how you lose.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Dem dang Dodgers are looking pretty good. Bring ’em on when the leaves turn brown in the fall! I’m looking for the Redbirds to pick their deep pockets this Oct. GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

You’re not joking. My son and I went to the game on Fri. night. Cardinals out and out stole that ballgame after being out hit 10-5. Yankees had plenty of chances. You could seen Boones’ frustrations today when he got the heave-ho.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey TD (Tough Dominican). Great to have you onboard for both posting and for our game threads. For calling the visitor at bats on our game threads, we want you to use your own style. Feel free to check mine out for today’s game to get a general idea, but we want your way of calling the action to shine through. We’ll have a ball! Looking forward to Tuesday night’s game, TD.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Thanks Pugs! Can’t wait for Tuesday’s game. I hate off days!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Well, even though I hate off days, I’m sure our favorite team can use a break after sweeping the Yankees in the three games that must have felt like they were being played in purgatory. I went to the night game on Fri. and was miserable in the jungle-like humidity. I sure was glad to see Carpenter tap out for the final out in the visitor half of the 9th so that the thing didn’t go to bonus baseball in extras. I was actually thinking that the blasphemous ghost runner rule may not be so bad of an idea after all if it did indeed go to extras. No, not really!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, 1tough!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to have you here, 1toughdominican!! Glad to see you join in the fun as our Birds are heating up.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Welcome 1toughdominican!! Great to have you, and you and Pugs could make a terrific tandem in the TCN booth. I would step in for some color commentary now and then but am still a working for the man. But the plan is to hang it up around the end of the year so it may be 2023 before I can devote that much time.

Great handle by the way. Joaquin was quite a character.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That seems like a flaw in the system. The blown call on the Judge “ball” directly cost the Cards at least 2 runs.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not sold om on ump scorecards one way or the other. While at Fridays game, I was laughing at how some posters were taking about obvious strikes and also fans reactions at ball games, but in watching the TV above me, I could see the balls were out of the zone far as the box thing. How accurate that thing is I’m not sure, it’s probably just a guess. Usually the ones on the margins, I’m not gonna really argue with. It’s the obvious ones I generally have an issue with but in reality there aren’t a lot of those with most umpires. The one gripe I’ve always had is the inconsistency. If you are calling all pitches that are at the low end of the zone balls, that’s fine but if you suddenly call the same pitch a strike that you called a ball earlier, I have an issue.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I like the umps calling balls and strikes. Don’t want to see the sport turned into a pin ball game.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Everything is driven by money. If it’s cheaper to have machines calling pitches, it will happen regardless of people’s feelings. I don’t like machines either I don’t like terrible umpires either.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

There were a few calls against Waino in the first few innings that were just awful. When Yadi turns around to complain, that’s when you know it was just awful.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Thanks Mike! As you probably know, that reference to the former Cardinal righthander was coined by the elder Buck. Andujar would always leave Jack broke up with laughter anytime he would engage him in a pre or post game radio interview on KMOX. He especially liked it when Joaquin would end the interview by proclaiming in his heavy latino accent, “And as you know Jack, I’m a power heater!” Buck would sound as though he were rolling on the floor with laughter. Those old radio interviews were priceless exchanges between two Cardinal fan favorites. Incidentally, I was going to go with “Walkingunderwear,” but being new on here I was somewhat afraid it wouldn’t pass muster with the moderators…Take care and GO REDBIRDS!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

In reference to a handful of comments on the umpires and the question of machines calling balls and strikes. In my estimation, it would take some of the fun out of watching the action if you couldn’t gripe about the eyesight and judgement of the HP umpire…Leave those guys just where they are. I recall a story about the great Earl Weaver. He and umpire Ron Luciano were embroiled in a heated debate over the interpretation of a particular rule. Reaching into his back pocket, Luciano produced a rulebook and offered to show Earl the precise reading of the rule at which point Weaver shouted, “That’s no good! I can’t read Braille!” I’ll take that gem of an exchange over a machine anyday of the season.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.