2021 MLB Draft

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 MLB Draft

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The scouts can get back to work…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Between the lines here is the move of the draft from the second week in June to the second week in July. With most of short-season ball eliminated and a shorter draft, the later timing doesn’t matter as much as it would have. Amateur coaches like the later date.

Participant

Free

The Cardinals should go after some of the Dodgers’ scouts that were laid off

Dodgers let go of scouts

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals already cut at least one scouting position. Most teams have or will eliminate even more.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Athletic has confirmed that Manfred will not change the draft order from the reverse-win percentage model. The Cards pick 18th, just after the Reds and before the Jays.

P.S. The reason the Cards are 18th instead of 19th (as winning percentage would dictate) is because Houston would have been 15th, but lost their pick in the punishment for the cheating scandal. Same in the second round.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards get a competitive balance pick after the second round this year, right?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, same as last year. Competitive Round B falls between the second and third rounds. Last year, they initially had a Round A pick (between 1st and 2nd rounds), but traded it and got back a Round B pick, which they used on Tink Hence.

Participant

Free

I just returned home from the Perfect Game World Championships down in Fort Myers, FL. What an event. My son played in the Freshman World Championship. We attended some of the 18u games and scouts were plenty from most teams. We really enjoyed it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet deal, TexasCard! How did your son and his team fare?

Participant

Free

Pugs thanks for asking, we went 2-2. Lost two games we should have easily won. Made errors and at that level it’s hard to overcome. Pitching was really good and it was a great experience. all goes well this offseason and they will be back in the summer. He’s got two more tournaments this fall and then he starts winter conditioning and arm strength training. Hoping he can make it in the next few years. Praying for good health. Again it was great experience all around.

Participant

Paid - Annual

When the day arrives, your son best let it be known to all that he will only sign with St. Louis, TexasCard. Loyalty like that is hard to find. Knowing full well that it could cost me big bucks if I were 20 and coveted by ML teams, I would not play for any team other than the Cardinals…..I just couldn’t do it. If the cubbies drafted me, it would be an immediate response of “thanks but no thanks”.

Participant

Free

It would be a dream come true for dad to have his boy don the birds on a bat some day. We shall see. You just never know.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by AvatarTexasCard.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It is not too early for mocks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years