2021 Cardinals MLB Game 96 thread – Wednesday, July 21 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 96 thread – Wednesday, July 21 vs. Cubs

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My goodness this team of ours will certainly keep Maalox in business, that is for sure. It might be time to just tell our starters “hey you are going 9 innings I don’t care if your pitch count is 150.”

Goldy now has a 16 game hitting streak. Only 40 more to catch DiMaggio.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought maalox was already out of business

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Goldy now has a 16 game hitting streak. Only 40 more to catch DiMaggio.

And he has an OPS less than Bader. And Bader can’t hit according to most posters on this site.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And he has an OPS less than Bader. And Bader can’t hit according to most posters on this site.

I think Bader has been great this year when healthy but he has 142 PA’s vs Goldy’s 401 so the sample size is different.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Getting Bader back with the numbers he is putting up (.352 in July and 10 for 20 since the break) is like we traded for a very serviceable outfielder like some fans were clamoring for. Bader is saving Mozeliak from getting more gray hairs.

bccran
    Participant

LA – Bader has had trouble being a consistently good hitter his whole career. Maybe for some reason he’s put it together finally this year. Let’s hope so. It would be a good step to him becoming a good all around professional ball player. If he then cut down on the look at me cutsy stuff, we could end up with a real asset.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If he then cut down on the look at me cutesy stuff, we could end up with a real asset.

Amen to that! I hope he doesnt become another goofball like the two Martinez boys that have been with St. Louis. Tough, hard-nosed baseball – to me that’s what St. Louis is all about. Not the pretty boy goofy stuff.

r/Esteemed Rat

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

I dont like how Yadi hits a ground rule double and they credit him a single… if he hits a home run there it counts as a home run..

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Jbrodie7, weird stuff and inconsistent, but them’s the rules I guess.

Trivia tidbits: Remember Robin Ventura’s walk off grand slam single in the 1999 playoffs? He got credited for just a single because the Mets needed only one run and he didn’t circle the bases due to the celebration.

Then there’s the Babe Ruth lost homer where some say he should have 715 career dingers. He hit a 2-run walk off HR over the fence, but they needed just one run. Ruth got credited with a triple because the runner on 1B scored, which immediately ended the game. Those were the rules pre-1920. Also, I’ve read early 20th century rules counted a ball bouncing over the fence as a HR, balls hitting foul poles were doubles, and HRs had to land in fair territory, which would eliminate HRs that curl inside the pole, but land outside of the extended imaginary foul line.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yah Ny, Baders results are there lately, but his approach has changed with his pitch selection is what I’m impressed with.
    Even if his results drop off some I like the long term possabilities. He’s pickin’ on the right pitches now.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.