2021 Cardinals MLB Game 96 thread – Wednesday, July 21 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 96 thread – Wednesday, July 21 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

So far Goldys the only one that can hit the ball. Hope Arrenado starts doing something soon. Maybe need to scatter in some bunting to move some if these guys over. Hate to see those lob’s when we get someone on.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s good rundown fundamentals by Arenado. He ran at the runner BEFORE receiving the ball.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader tried to be the hero but instead is the goat.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep jj that was nice. Baders had a great catch and a sure single that didn’t quite make it to a double. Hes definitely not asleep out there.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Sometimes you’re the windshield sometimes your …

CFlowers8511
    Participant

Free

Bader would’ve been on 2nd with the sac bunt coming next. Oh well.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Arrenado with a smooth single! Lets move him over!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pffft- whats with the sky balls?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wainos curve is awesome, wish we had more guys that can do that

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well maybe the thought should have been maybe have bader steal second, then waino can drive in a run.. I guess stealing just is a lost art.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a horrible call, bring on the machines. I’m tired of either incompetent or cheating umpires. A ball three inches off the plate being called a strike.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree Willie. That pitch was clearly wide.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well good for shildt. The only better thing would have been if shildt would have decked him. The ball wasn’t close.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great play by arenado.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Is “Scrabble” still pitching somewhere?

Excellent thinking, Pugs. I hope Mo is tuning in. Scrabble last pitched in May/June of this year in the Americas Qualifying Event, helping propel the US National Team into the Tokyo Olympics. So obviously, he’s still got it.

Perhaps “Eyechart” would’ve been a better nickname for Scrabble. Reminds me of another Polish MLBer named Gwosdz, who was nicknamed Eyechart.

Zdsowg is Gwosdz spelled backwards, which I think is actually a better looking name.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hard for both teams to score tonight! Arrenado doing great on defense. First one to 2 runs wins!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill’s plate discipline has improved significantly this season.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

That was a horrible call, bring on the machines. I’m tired of either incompetent or cheating umpires. A ball three inches off the plate being called a strike.

I don’t get it when people say they like the human element provided by umpires calling balls/strikes, but they are certainly entitled to that opinion. Plate umps are inconsistent and often wrong. What people are actually saying is they also are willing to tolerate a lot of human incompetence that has a huge impact on the game. Nobody ever says I’ve got to go to the game tonight because Joe Schmoe is behind the plate and that guy always gives a must-see performance.

Frank Drebin is the only guy I’d pay money to watch make a fool of himself behind the plate, and unfortunately he is dead.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

O’Neill’s plate discipline has improved significantly this season.

The umpires’ have not.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well everybody just waiting for a big fly. Had oneil on, perfect time for a steal, maybe a hit n run.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another great play by Arenado!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Euro dandy, I used to be one of those old fashioned guys but not anymore. If the commissioner really was concerned about the state of the game and lack of offense, he would tell these umpires Everytime they call a strike on a ball totally off the plate, that’s one game check they lose. I do want the machines but I want the balls and strikes to be seen by all not just known by umpire cause I don’t trust them to do the right thing.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Willie. I don’t want to see machine umpires myself.How we gonna see managers get thrown out. Besides Euro then you’re gonna have to deal with the umpires union!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wooster, point us to their leader and one of our guys will make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The bunt turns out to be a big waste.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 160 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years