2021 Cardinals MLB Game 95 thread – Tuesday, July 20 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 95 thread – Tuesday, July 20 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks euro, he went out of my screen and I just assumed he went to third. Should have in my opinion but didn’t matter

Wooster
    Participant

Free

ONiel steals 2nd cmon Yadi rbi….

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I also think there’s a good chance Bader would’ve made it, but I guess the adage of never make the third out at 3B made him think better of it. Not sure if it was his decision or if base coach held him up.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think they should have left Oviedo in. He’s still pitching good, that was just a well placed pop up. He needs to get his pitch count stretched out to ever learn how to go further in games, 74 pitches isn’t much.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Must want our best middle relievers to get some work tonight

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hate to see those qalks from a new pitcher

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cabrera says there’ll be none of that pitch to contact crap. Only true outcomes for him.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well as usual, cabrera makes it interesting but prevails. How about a couple more runs here.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well at least he threw em where they couldn’t hit em- on the ground

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After watching these Cubs, they appear to be toast. What a difference a few weeks make. I see them trading their future free agents, and tank for the rest of the year, while trying to resign some of the players. With the CBA expiring, that may be their best option. Really don’t know what their compensation may be if their free agents sign elsewhere, or what it might be on the next contract.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My previous comment caused some confusion I guess. Put it this way, for us to be in the second wild card slot, we have to pass Cinci, Philly and San Diego.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rondon joins in the fun!!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Dinger bells gettin a workout tonight!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who wants to be a wild card team. We come to win the division. Lots of baseball left.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Espn announcers last night showed stats the Cardinals have either walked in, hit by pitch. or wild pitched in 31 runs. That is beyond belief.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have always advocated that pitchers with good stuff try to develop a split fingered fastball, or change up. I think Helsley and Woodford would be candidates who could show great improvements doing so. Helsley could be a lights out sloser.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I love watching the guys in the dugout. Especially when a team is doing well like we are now. That’s at any games at any level. It’s always interesting.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep Willie going to a games alot of fun. Had a minor league team near the house years ago. A lot of fun!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if we don’t stand a better chance to win the division, as I think Milwaukee has some hiccups left. Passing 3 teams seem unlikely. However. I think the Giants are way overachieving, and don’t think they can keep slugging and pitching at their current levels.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Wooster I don’t even mean just MLB. College, independent, little league. I think in a way college or independent is best. You usually have less crowds and can hear the guys better. I’ve never been to a minor league game since aren’t any near me but I think they would be pretty cool for that as well.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy was waitin on base when that throw got there. Don’t know about Milwaukee but I don’t think they have had a skid yet. We have a lot of in division games left. If we do well we could catch them. If not we are right now developing some talented young players at all positions. Things are lookin up for us!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t really understand why people say the giants are over achieving. Maybe coming into season but it’s clear they are a solid team. Got some good players and really good pitching. They may not have the names but in baseball that’s not that important.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Willie nice thing about baseball even the bad teams have a chance to win anytime they play. Not that much difference between the winners and losers. Nobodydominates all the time

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, I think things always even out over a season. The Giants have scored like 2/3 of their runs on home runs. and had 2 pitchers under 2 era. Plus some pitchers have injury histories. I just don’t think those trends will continue for the whole year.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

No time for this game to get sloppy

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years