2021 Cardinals MLB Game 95 thread – Tuesday, July 20 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 95 thread – Tuesday, July 20 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea but Cardinals27, it wasn’t their weak reliever that caused this. Two errors on defense, and their star closer just not getting it done and shildt not prepared to get gallegos in there soon enough.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Mo doesn’t care. This franchise is not committed to excellence. They aren’t committed to winning.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Interesting concept Kimbrel
    Is using here. Throwing more strikes than balls.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brutal loss for the Redbirds. They clinched defeat from the jaws of victory. Sad to say, but they gave this one away

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well let’s just watch the ball go right down the pipe, just punctuates the night. Worst loss all year by far.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hmmm. Kimbrel didn’t walk or hit a batter. How did he pull that off?

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Kimbrel threw 13 pitches 9 were strikes.
    Reyes threw 30 16 were strikes but a few of those were swings at balls. So it wasn’t that good of a ratio.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Stpcard just hit the nail on the head! This organization needs to move on from Mo and start to look for excellence again! He has screwed up so long it will take awhile but every year he stays is a year farther away from great for us!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Walks Walks Walks.

I told you folks it was an accident waiting to happen. And it happened. It’s going to happen again if they cannot throw strikes!!!!!

r/Esteemed Rat

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

For me it really isn’t wins and losses. They are just so soft and are truly gutless. It is a culture that will take massive changes to fix. It isn’t a one person fix. It’s a culture.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Just saw the line….yikes that was brutal.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes walks caught up with him.Just hope Shildt is quicker realizing when a pitcher do9esnt have jacksh*t.A little effort from the catcher wouldnt hurt either.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Wow. Utter meltdown. Just when the Cardinals seemed to be getting back on track.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Blingboy, got any extra paper bags?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We just became bonafide sellers.

rcendek@yahoo.com
    Participant

Free

More proof that this is just a below average team. They are lazy and paid too much. Yadi looks tired. Just by watching him bat. When was the last time you seen him go to a knee swinging. Several times this week. The ball on the strikeout he did not move. Paul Dejong is another who looks lazy. Ever since he signed the big contract he looks lazy and has not done the job with the bat and to me just average in the field. And someone please tell me why a pitcher cant pitch more than one inning or even one pitch? This has been the cardinals for several years now and I would like to see some changes. I have some ideas

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Pugs, the Cardinals have nothing to sell.

The only person on an expiring contract worth anything is Kim, and they said he might just go back to Korea if traded.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Now we’re even. One meltdown by each team in this series. Lets win the next 2!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Sometimes not being able to watch games because of time difference is a blessing.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Walks catch up to everyone.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Blingboy, got any extra paper bags?

That game was a two bagger.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

yup this team is still an epic pile of crap from the top guy in the FO to the bottom guy on the team….what a joke show this team is

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That 9th inning was brutal to watch. Reyes and Cabrera have been walking the tight rope all year with their control issues. It was bound to bite us eventually. I feel bad for Oviedo. He deserved to get his first win.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

The key word being “walking.”

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I have not watched many games of late due to a busy life schedule, and the team has not been good enough to entice me to tune in despite the other obligations.

This my question about last night’s game. With a 5 run lead, there should have been plenty of time to see that Reyes did not have it and get someone else in to pitch. Did Shildt just not get anyone else up? I know Reyes was perfect in save opportunities heading in to this one, but his peripheral stats have not been good all year. It was easy to think that his lack of command would likely cause a hiccup at some point.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years