2021 Cardinals MLB Game 95 thread – Tuesday, July 20 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 95 thread – Tuesday, July 20 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    TBA vs. RHP Trevor Williams (3-2, 5.51) – perhaps Oviedo or as Shildt said. “It could be creative.”
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals have still not announced who will be starting tonight. They say they will make the reveal this morning…

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I don’t really like ‘bullpen’ games on purpose.

They have happened often enough by accident.

Pick one from the herd and tell him, “You are giving me at least 5 innings no matter how this goes.”

That way a really bad start won’t ruin the bullpen for the next game and potentiality cost you that one too….not saying do this every time but the Cards are on a bit of a roll so….

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t understand the cloak and dagger “reveal” stuff. Just name the pitcher. This isn’t a tv game show.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I was going to go to the Dubois County Bombers game tonight. They host the Muhlenberg County Stallions in Ohio Valley League baseball. But I feel good about this Cubs series, I think the Cards might be just about ready to go on a roll. So I think I will stay home tonight and tune in along with Whitey Herdog. Probably catch the first few innings of the Mets/Reds game first. Mets won in 11 innings last night 15-11. The Reds have now lost four straight out of the break. Castellanos did pinch-hit last night but when he swung he took his injured right hand/wrist off the bat in a hurry.

Din-din today was a Subway Steak & Cheese, some Bush’s baked beans, a glass of ice water, and a piece of banana pudding.

r/Esteemed Rat

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No surprises, Shildts standard lineup vs a rhp.
    Carlson
    Goldy
    Arenado
    O’Neill
    Molina
    Edman
    DeJong
    Bader
    Oviedo

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Taking a gander at the out-of-town scoreboard early this Tuesday afternoon we find the KC Royals up on the Milwaukee Brewers by the score of 4-2 in the 7th inning at County Stadium.

I have this feeling that the Reds, who are already falling, are going to continue to fall. I also have the same feeling that the Brewers are about to stumble out of the 2nd half gate as well. And the Cubs have already lost two in a row now.

Now is the time the Redbirds make their move.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Teams ahead of us for the second wild card slot: San Diego, Phily, Cinci.

We can do it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s hope Oviedo watched “Lucky” LeBlanc and Woody these past two games and will follow suit. I think a guy like “Lucky” LeBlanc would have matched up beautifully vs Hendricks and these cubbies. Maybe things will work out next time we play these guys.

Big big night here in America’s Dairyland, as our Milwaukee Bucks look to close out Phoenix. I’m optimistic but nervous too.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the NYM are the 2nd wild card, 3.5 games ahead of us.

Diego is the first wild card 7 games up on us.

Doable.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

I thought dodgers and padres were first and second in wild card?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess we are giving up trying to steal bases or hit n run. Our fast guys have been getting on but nothing. They didn’t have a problem stealing on us. I’m just through with schildt. He always talks a big game but doesn’t know how to actually make it happen.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice inning. Bader hustles out a double, Carlson doubles him home. Game tied at 1.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

San Diego is in the 2nd WC slot and Cards are 7 games behind them (6 in loss column).

In reality, the Wild Card for the Cards boils down to passing one of SD, SF or LA, while finishing ahead of all other non-division winners. It’s probably easier to just win the division.

Arenado just put the Cards up 2-1 with a shot to left-center.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Guess that day renadooff was good for Arenado

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice rbi by Bader!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Oviedo helps himself out rbi again!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why did bader have to go back to second,I could have sworn he went to third

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Was that Shohei Oviedo?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah our pitcher had a base hit rbi hes showing everybody how to swing now.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, you are right Euro. My bad bling, I looked at it wrong.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Why did bader have to go back to second,I could have sworn he went to third

He took a big turn, but held up.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

cubs have to deal with Murderer’s Row in the 5th, with Goldy, Arenado and O’Neill due up.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years