2021 Cardinals MLB Game 5 thread – Tuesday, April 6 at Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 5 thread – Tuesday, April 6 at Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:40 p.m. CT
    RHP John Gant (0-3, 2.40 in 2020) vs. RHP Sandy Alcantara (0-0, 0.00)
    BSM // KMOX

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if Hicks or Reyes would be available today? I would guess not. Likely 3 pitchers not available, including Gallegos. Depending on need, I could see them going to a 14/12 ratio for Wednesday’s game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos-no
    Hicks-probably not best
    Reyes-yes, he can go

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C27 said:

Depending on need, I could see them going to a 14/12 ratio for Wednesday’s game.

Shildt told us the other day (see notes in game threads) that they can’t change the mix until 10 games are complete.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

This game starts after midnight my time, so I’ll have to watch it on replay tomorrow. Sorry to let tonight’s din-din of tacos and refried beans go to waste.
    Rah Cardinals.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

SO Brian, with no change to the mix. I would guess Woodford would be used for multiple innings. Hopefully Gant can get through 6 tonight.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Does not get any easier on the offense facing Sandy “All-Star-a”.

Come to think of it, is it ever a smart move to trade a pitcher named “Sandy”?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch, tuning in for this one.

And I was watching the Giants/Padres game late last night. Tatis looked to be in alot of pain. I wonder how long a dislocated shoulder typically keeps a guy out?

And my din-din today, after I got back from the doctors office and then the vet’s office, is KFC. For you posters that might not be in the know KFC is Kentucky Fried Chicken. A piece of banana cream pie for dessert. Another can of Sunkist Orange hit the spot as well.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. the Nurse Practitioner that I go to is really hot!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) RF
    2. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    5. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    8. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    9. John Gant (R) P

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Infielders in the outfield. That didn’t take long. It’s hard to imagine that they’d need to move anyone around to get Carp’s bat in the lineup, and hitting 5th to boot.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, I don’t see how Carpenter could give us less than Williams/Dean have.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

LoL so moving Edman to RF is going to = a net gain of ZERO!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Shildt pre game:

Ponce had FB and CB both working. Efficient, quality strikes.

Gallegos, Hicks, Reyes very effective. Gio went 2 IP yesterday so not sure if he can go today. Bullpen is fluid every day and always will be. Every day different. Lot of interchangeable parts.

Kim sim game is progress. Will have info later.

RF. Not overly concerned. Its early. Aware of what is taking place. Different look tonight. Eddie out there, with Carp at 2B. 2 years from MVP. Need to get him out there. Gets ball in air more vs. groundball guy (Alcantara).

Bader having positive days at alt sire. Doing bsaeball activity when he can. Routes, tracking balls, arm drill with other hand.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So Carp’s either gonna go 0-4 with 3 Ks leaving multiple on base or he’ll go 3-4 and start for the next week while going 3-27 overall.

If you’re gonna use Carp why is he batting ahead of O’Neil? And why is Yadi batting ahead of O’Neil?

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Ponce was efficient in throwing almost 100 pitches in 5 innings of 1 run ball….well I’ll just say I disagree with that depiction.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, I don’t see how Carpenter could give us less than Williams/Dean have.

Carp says hold my beer.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Here’s a wild mind blowing thought: Why not start Nogowski in RF?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

If Ponce was efficient in throwing almost 100 pitches in 5 innings of 1 run ball….well I’ll just say I disagree with that depiction.

Need to update your expectations. In the current climate of MLB that’s was efficient outing. A lot pitchers, especially #4 starters, aren’t going past 5 innings.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea we actually someone that can actually hit but we choose to put carpenter in there. So just like I said, they are going to make sure carp gets his at bats. Everyone said no they weren’t going to do that. But yea they did, nothing carp has done has earned a start. And if he gets one hit or hits one hard foul,.they will proclaim him back to greatness.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Black Hills – If you’re gonna use Carp why is he batting ahead of O’Neil? And why is Yadi batting ahead of O’Neil?

No rhyme or reason as Carp has no business on a big league field and has sucked horribly since Big Mac told him to start going for the fences which made him a puller that the defense figured out

He’s sub par at every aspect of the game

AS TO Yadi in front of Tyler: I’m good with it. After all he IS a better hitter. Only Goldie and Edman are better in my humble book

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

BlackHillsCard wrote:

If you’re gonna use Carp why is he batting ahead of O’Neil? And why is Yadi batting ahead of O’Neil?

Maybe because all O’Neill – and DeJong – do is strikeout?

The over/under tonight on them striking out is three. I’ll take the over.

r/Esteemed Rat

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Dammit guys!

1982 willie
    Participant

Well there was that gold glove outfielder. Just turned into a real ugly play.

1982 willie
    Participant

This could turn into a real ugly inning.

1982 willie
    Participant

Great job arenado

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.