2021 Cardinals MLB Game 39 thread – Friday, May 14 at Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 39 thread – Friday, May 14 at Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Free

Alert the media.. we have a first pitch strike.

1982 willie
    Participant

Our pitchers have forgotten the most important thing about pitching. Strike one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Luckily Machado was swinging on 3-0 there…or we’d be in yet another pickle in this game. And that’s been the story all night thus far when it’s the Pads turn to bat…..the Cards find themselves in a perpetual pickle jar….if you will.

David
    Participant

Free

It feels like a bigger deficit than 3 runs. Let’s see if the top of the lineup can get something going 3 rd time thru.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Look at the Cards pen out there….not a one throwing.

And amazingly we are only down 3 with a lot of baseball to play. Can any Cardinal reliever stop the bleeding…..stem the tide….silence these Padre bats….oops, they only have 3 hits thru 4 innings. This is a very winnable game. They need only go out and grab it

Steve60
    Participant

Free

But with all the negativity I still think we are gonna win this game! Padres have blown too many chances and we are gonna make them pay starting now!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I had the same thought, it seems like the Cards should be down by much more.

David
    Participant

Free

Another 3rd strike swinging disguised as ball 4

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carlson turns down the walk twice for a strikeout. Goldy and Arenado really need to deliver this round.

1982 willie
    Participant

Bad at bat by carlson. He took two far better pitches to hit to get to 3-1 but then swings at two worse pitches.

David
    Participant

Free

With one swing, Nolan can tie it up.

David
    Participant

Free

Yadi likes to attack that first pitch

David
    Participant

Free

I’d be happy scoring 1 run here

David
    Participant

Free

Yadi thought better and held uo

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards get one back. Yadi plates one with the sac fly.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

Think I’ll call it a night! Seen enough Carpenter at bats for one night!

David
    Participant

Free

At least we’re on the board. Carp pulls the pitch on the ground into the shift ending the inning. What a shocker… ugh

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

For the second consecutive inning, Carp strands a runner in scoring position.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5

Edman – Slaps it the other way past the SS Kim and out into left for a leadoff hit. This is our inning, gang.

Carlson – 3-2 yet once again….Dylan walks…oh no! They rung him up….they rung his arse up!…that was a terrible pitch! Yep, the replay reveals the truth….he did go around. Does this team NOT want to score this evening? Almost seems like it.

Goldy – 3-2 again…..this has to be a record for 3-2 pitches…. and we’ve only played just over 4 frames…..Goldy walks on one just a titch too high.

Arenado – Hard hit one hop grounder that gobbles Kim up at short as he cannot field it cleanly….sweet…..bases juiced with only one out. Official scorer generously awards Nolan a hit.

Yadi – Lofts a fly down the line in right where O’Grady runs over to catch it and his throw home won’t come close to getting Tommy Edman and Goldy motoring into 3rd safely. We finally sent the scoreboard.

Carp – Hard hit grounder but right at Marcano at 2nd who’ll field it and make the short toss to Cronenworth at 1st to retire the side.

Cards 1
    SD 3

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Too painful to watch, at least for me.

1982 willie
    Participant

This game is going to long tonight. Got to get up early, gonna call it a night. You guys carry on and bring this one home. It’s looked horrible but only down 2 go cards. But Webb is on now so not optimistic.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

See you SteveO. Hope to see you on tomorrow’s game thread.

David
    Participant

Free

I’ll watch about an hour more.

Wait Steve60… come back… Carp is out!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now Willie goes down for the count too. Nobody else is permitted to depart.

David
    Participant

Free

What’s this… a Cardinal reliever going after hitters and getting the K. I don’t believe it. Back to reality it’s 3-0

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.