2020 Cardinals schedule

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals schedule

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by BlackHillsCard BlackHillsCard 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

So, we are done with the Dodgers in 2020 by the middle of April???

Still too much inter-league play. Need less inter-league play, cut down the 19 games against division opponents to around 14, and play a few more games against teams in your own league.

r/Esteemed Rat

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

We only play the Cubs 5 games before the All-Star Break and 2 of those games are in London. 13 games after the break.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with Rat on cutting back the interleague games. Personally I think there should only be six, which would be a home and home with your “natural geographical rival”. Ours would be KC. Most teams have a natural geographical rival from the other league but not all.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

So, you were against Pujols coming to St. Louis?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So, you were against Pujols coming to St. Louis?

Absolutely. That contrived drama drove me bananas. Goold got at least 10 columns out of it.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

No road trips up to the Tampa region next year is interesting. The longest trip appears to be Fort Myers.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar, I hope you realize you may be in the minority about Albert’s visit. I did not care for the hype, either, and did not join in, but the fans overall seemed to enjoy the visit of Albert, Trout and the Angels immensely.

BHC, the longest trip is to North Port, the new spring home of the Braves.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar, I hope you realize you may be in the minority about Albert’s visit. I did not care for the hype, either, and did not join in, but the fans overall seemed to enjoy the visit of Albert, Trout and the Angels immensely.

I am in the minority a lot of the time in relation to the “average Cardinal fan” so I am used to it.

I like playing geographical rivals but that is about the only appeal interleague has with me.

Games like Cards-Royals, Yanks-Mets, Nats-Orioles, Red Sox-Phillies, Rays-Marlins, Tigers-Pirates, Reds-Indians, Cubs-White Sox, Twins-Brewers, A’s-Giants, Dodgers-Angels, etc….all make sense to me. Most of the others do not.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

BHC, the longest trip is to North Port, the new spring home of the Braves.

Thanks Brian. North Port is about an hour north of Fort Myers. I was thinking it was closer. Still surprised there are no games against the Yanks or other Tampa based teams.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years